Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How Many Forms?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm sat here doing a form for something I'm applying for and just wondering

For the jobs you applied for in the past how many times was a CV enough and how many times did you have some lame form to fill out .. cos the damn forms take forever!!!

It's just taking the same stuff you've got in your CV and writing it down in another format.!!! :mad:

Comments

• Options
    I quite like filling forms in.

Companies are lazy, they want to get information in their own way rather than having to scour through a whole CV to find out about people.
  • Options
    For my sort of job, I've hardly ever had to fill in a form, mainly because I've applied through some kind of middleman.

For Laura doing teaching, every single one seems to want the exact same form.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    I quite like filling forms in.

Companies are lazy, they want to get information in their own way rather than having to scour through a whole CV to find out about people.

That is true. I like filling forms in too :)
  • Options
    :eek2: I'm a bit shocked people are saying they like to fill out forms.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I don't like it but I can see prospective employees point in requesting forms instead of CVs. This way all the information is in the same format making it easier to find what you are looking for.
  • Options
    I hate them.

I think writing a CV is a skill in itself, and you can tell a lot about someone from the way they choose to present it and set it out. I've spent a lot of time making mine just so, and it annoys me when I don't get to use it.

:grump:
  • Options
    I don't think it makes much difference really.

I tailor my CV to the job I'm applying for anyway, so having to fill the form in isn't an issue. I find them easier as they basically tell you what they want to hear, and so I find it easier to be targeted.

Places that go by form tend to be places where they get a lot of applicants, and as such need each bit on info on different sheets of paper as each page goes to a different person.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    I hate them.

I think writing a CV is a skill in itself, and you can tell a lot about someone from the way they choose to present it and set it out. I've spent a lot of time making mine just so, and it annoys me when I don't get to use it.

:grump:

When I was at Uni and applying for work placement year to companies my CV was one of 10 that got picked for this big company for an interview

When I got there I was told I was one of ten from something like 13,000 CV's sent to them by students from all over the world for a placement.