Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

weird teeth problem! advice required!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
while i was away on holiday i developed a weird problem with my teeth.

my whole set of top teeth seem to be a bit achy, not really a tooth ache just sore, and my gums seem to be bleeding on their own and a whole lot more when i brush.

Also it may sound weird but a couple of them seem a bit looser than normal, when i push them with my tongue they kinda click as if they are moving. weird.

anyone know what this might be?

i'm trying to make a dentist appointment but it seems like i'll be waiting ages!!

dont want to end up gummy.

taaaaa

Comments

• Options
    receeding gums? but thats usually an older person thing.
    or they could be inflamed - are all your gums red around your teeth?
  • Options
    Where did you go on holiday? Could it be something to do with the water there?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    or they could be inflamed - are all your gums red around your teeth?

they are a bit, just thought it might be down to the bleeding tho...not sure about receeding gums tho...what can ya do for that?
    Where did you go on holiday? Could it be something to do with the water there?

Just Czech Republic, Austria and Slovakia. I didnt drink any tap water but did use it for brushing teeth etc...

could be that...hmmmm

but i dont think these places were that underdeveloped to have that bad o water.
  • Options
    brush your teeth really well and use a good mouthwash afterwards too until you see the dentist. I used corsodyl (sp?) which was really good when i had a patch of inflamed gum.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:

thanks for that, dont think i have gingivitus..never know tho. my teeth are in pretty good nick and clean.

and i imagine i dont have leukemia...i hope anyway.

grrr why are NHS dentists so crap.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    thanks for that, dont think i have gingivitus..never know tho. my teeth are in pretty good nick and clean.

cause they've been forced into a shit system so loads are leaving to go private :rolleyes:
    they still get alot of money on the NHS though
  • Options
    looking at some websites and pictures i think i might have receeding gums hmmmm but they aint any different to what i remember them looking like and i was only at the dentist a month or so ago so you would have thought he'd have noticed...im worrying now! grr
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

lol i wasn't suggesting you have leukemia, just maybe an infection of some sort. you could try gargling with mouthwash if you don't already or with saltwater, twice a day for a couple of days and see if it clears up.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    get yourself some oraldene thats good for everything mouth and throat based, or get some hydrogen peroxide from the chemist which is good for all mouth infections...use either of these for a few days and see if it gets better, but id pop along to the doctor if it doesnt clear up and ask them, its free you see! ;) and then if they think you need a dentist then you can go.
    not having you have all your teeth fall out babes, that will not be attractive! :p
    x
  • Options
    Did your oral hygiene slip at all while you were on holiday? That could be one explanation.

Regardless you need to make sure you are still brushing your teeth and gums properly, even if it's a bit sore to do so, floss and use a good mouthwash. Corsydol is one or another with fluorine in.