Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How much more is the life of one of your own worth than the life of a foreigner?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't want to suggest that its a biased website, but here's one which is just as biased albeit from a different standpoint.

http://www.honestreporting.com/
  • Options
    It's been fairly obvious for sometime that the depth of your knowledge on the matter only goes as deep as what you can read during tv commercial breaks.

Says the man so vocal about the "war on terrorism" but on reads only side of the arguement and had never heard of the main focus of the Islamic extremist ideology.

Point out once, just once in all the threads over all the years which you have been on here Clandestine where you have condemned Palestinian or Arab nation actions towards Israel. Then look at my comments - hell you only have to look at this thread to see condemnation of Israel by me.

Not that I am suggesting that your biased or anything. Consider, over the years, the number of people who have questioned your apparently rabid anti-Isreal stance - not anti-Zionist you'll note. You use that to hide behind.

So, please, proceed with another attempt to patronise me with an essay about Zionist plots. I'll yawn and remember that you only seem to want to read things which you agree with.
  • Options
    Still regurgitating the same old deep rooted indoctrination that condemnation for clear and demonstrable (and intrinsically Zionist-ideology rooted) aggressive colonialist intent on the part of the state of Israel is anti-semitic, MoK?

You're absolutely I am anti-Israel, as Israel is a state entity which has demonstrated nothing but contempt for the norms of international law (especially those established to judge those who have served as the archetype of Israeli "eternal victimisation") since its founding (and on the part of its founders themselves for their documented intentioned agenda of racist ethnocide and ethnic cleansing of the region for their own political ends).

I do not condemn the right of the indigenous and rightful inhabitants of the land from fighting back against an assymetrically greater force in whatever way they must as is the right of any oppressed people, not least those betrayed by all nations which claim to value "the rule of law" and true pluralistic "democractic principle". A state founded on terrorism which dares to call others terrorists for returning unto it what it has handed out for generations in spades is beyond hypocrisy.

Until Israel:

1. casts out its criminally extremist elements, eschews the doctrines of Zionism - which I strongly suggest you actually educate yourself about beyond your obvious surface and derisive repeated reference to it as inconsequential;

2. acknowledges its generations long racist agenda of ethnic cleansing;

3. and adopts an inclusivist state model (rather than a particularist group-superiority model akin to other such ideologies of the late colonialist era including Naziism and Apartheid) which allows one state for all rightful inhabitants, Muslim and Jew alike to enjoy EQUAL rights in all respects (which it patently does not and has not since its founding)

The potential for reconciliation and the realisation of cooperative creative dynamism for a better future of growth and prosperity will never be realised.

The onus is not upon the Palestinians - for whom the state of Israel has only ever intended complete subjugation or else prolonged systemative dehumnisation, deprivation and ultimately elimination - but solely on the Israelis who began the conflict with terrorism, forced land clearances (aka conquest and theft) and have so maintained it to the present.

Simply because you dont wish to bother actually investigating and researching deeper than the whitewashed, decontextualised mythology that passes for mainstream reporting on the matter, don't presume you have a balanced view in the slightest.

Your need to yawn, once again, demonstrates all the informed need to know about how smugly atop the mentally, intellectually and morally complacent bandwagon you wish to remain.

Enjoy your perch and your slumber along with the far too many others who scratch their heads and wonder why this conflict never ends as they pander to the status quo mainstream propaganda that makes the victims into the villains and leaves them consistently abandoned to Israeli atrocities.
  • Options
    Still regurgitating the same old deep rooted indoctrination that condemnation for clear and demonstrable (and intrinsically Zionist-ideology rooted) aggressive colonialist intent on the part of the state of Israel is anti-semitic, MoK?

Where did I say "anti-semitic"?

NB Nice to see Zionist in there though ;)
    Your need to yawn, once again, demonstrates all the informed need to know about how smugly atop the mentally, intellectually and morally complacent bandwagon you wish to remain.

No, it shows them that I don't take your posts seriously because they are so biased. The informed understand that there are two (at least) sides to every argument.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    China's Tibet ...... Some 1.2 Tibetians have been killed by the Chinese since 1950 (including 20 in prison camps and jails between 1950 and 1984).

You know, I saw NQA kill about 900 people last night , though i have no evidence. and no money to tell hollywood to make a movie about this for me.

Libel, and false accusation constitute a very serious crime.
  • Options
    Ah yes, "biased", the word which has become synonimous with the intellectual dishonesty, lack of actual research effort and routine dismissiveness associated with the mainstream bandwagoneers, most notably when any dare challenge them to face historic fact without their cozy blinders on.

You don't take my posts seriously because you simply cannot be arsed to inform yourself as to the actual political contrivances of the Zionist movement from the days of Balfour (admitted in Balfour's own writing), through to their systematic manipulations of (and indeed in documented cases collusion with) events leading up to the Holocaust, further collusion with the Nazi authorities throughout to commence migrations to Palestine (see: "The Tel Aviv") - all to further their political agenda regardless of the cost to those Jews they derided as "assimilated" (many who had no desire to follow the Zionists demands to emigrate because they considered themselves citizens of their respective European nations as they were).

Here is an excellent article which might open your eyes, if you care to do more than call all uncomfortable historical fact, "biased".

http://www.aldeilis.net/zion/zionrac12.html

Until you demonstrate some interest in understanding the entire political context and machinations of the founders of the state of Israel from the outset, your claims of "bias" and "one sided-ness" will continue to be mere intellectual dodges.

And yes, there are two sides to this argument. The historically accurate and contextually comprehensive side and the mainstream, whitewashed mythological side to which you (and those many like you who smugly "yawn" at all attempts to induce you to investigate that "other side") implicitly subscribe by your own dismissiveness.
  • Options
    achinese wrote:
    You know, I saw NQA kill about 900 people last night , though i have no evidence. and no money to tell hollywood to make a movie about this for me.

Libel, and false accusation constitute a very serious crime.

Yep, you've libelled me - glad you admit you've no evidence however, makes it so much easier in court. Its, however, impossible to libel a state.
  • Options
    :flirt:

Go, on big boy, try to patronise me some more. I know it *does it" for you.
    You don't take my posts seriously because you simply cannot be arsed to inform yourself

No, I don't take them seriously because, as I have said if you bothered to read, you are biased beyond belief. I might as well ask for Thatcher's perspective on Thatcherism.

You portray yourself as the only person around here who is "informed" and yet you clearly aren't - except on those points your bias agrees with. That isn't being "well read" it's being blinkered.

The situation in the Middle East isn't black and white, good guy bad guy. Hell you are being a simplistic as Bush is about terrorism - "you are either with us" etc. There isn't a cases here of one side committing atrocities whilst the other is innocent - hell there isn't even just two sides.

So go back to the library read some more - something which is going to challenge your beliefs and then see if you don't learn something.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Yep, you've libelled me - glad you admit you've no evidence however, makes it so much easier in court. Its, however, impossible to libel a state.

Good luck with that one. Will be worth seeing the court case which names "A Chinese" posting out of.. er... "China" as the defendant :thumb:
  • Options
    NQA wrote:

I thought you don't have the slightest idea of what libel is, now you get it, just in case you have amnesia, i will write down here "libel is to accuse someone without evidence" .. by the way , you don't libel a state, you false accuse a state.
  • Options
    You patronise yourself, MoK, with your repeated substanceless and dismissive posts. You've never added anything of depth to any of these discussions, merely your standard demonstration of how cozy you are avoiding any intellectual enquiry on the matter whatsoever.

Keep hiding behind that pet soundbite "biased", its the cop out of preference for the sanitised mainstream mentality so its perfectly fitting.

What I know, and have many times substantiated with concrete reference material, I do so because I have, unlike yourself, taken the time to research.

You on the other hand do nothing but make completely unknowledgeable claims as to my intentions, my motivations and the meanings of the terms I apply which prove you know nothing more than the surface rhetoric of the nightly news.

The sad thing is you are too uninformed and indeed unconcerned to realise how off base on all counts you truly are.
    So go back to the library read some more

Advice you would do well to actually adhere to yourself. You would need quite some visits to come close to the amount of reading and personal belief challenges I have worked through on the matter over the past 20 years. But then, you emulate our long departed Thanatos too much for there to be much hope you'd actually bother dislodging yourself from the bandwagon long enough to bother.

[edited to add: I even provided you yet another solid factual starting point above to facilitate your self-education, but true to form, you demonstrate nothing more than disregard and dismissal without, rather apparently, having so much as taken the time to reflect on its content, let alone withhold comment until you'd followed up on the numerous additional citations at the end. Bravo!]
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Rest assured that there are far more people boycotting Israeli products than those going out of their way supporting them so I would recommend upping your daily donation. I know a great many people from different walks of life who won't buy Israeli products, and one or two who will actually damage them whilst in the supermarket whenever it is possible.

Your boycott isn't worth shit. You wrote yourself that at the end of the day, if sick you'd still take the medicine developed and produced in Israel, and erm, as far as I can tell you're using a computer in order to post on these boards - of which the majority have intregrated parts... again developed by Israelis.
    And fair enough, go on and associate yourself with vandals. I wonder how your reaction would be if I went to a Palestinian owned shop and started acting like a vandal :)
    Talk about world peace and respect for one another, and you don't even have a bad word to sya about the lack of manners and respect on the smallest of scales. Your criticism isn't worth shit.
  • Options
    Oh dear. Touched a raw nerve there I think...

Why would you want to cause damage at a Palestinian shop? Have they illegally occupied other people's land for 4 decades and subjected them to a catalogue of atrocities, war crimes and human rights abuses with their overwhelming military superiority?

When they do, I might join you in a boycott against them.

There is nothing wrong with a boycott and you know it. The Israeli state needs to end the occupation and to stop inflicting death and misery on the Palestinians and you know it. And as such, there is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with citizens observing a boycott. On the contrary... it is a good thing.
  • Options
    You're missing the point.
    Acts of vandalism do not equal a boycott - which I was stating you don't really observe.
    Easy to give up on an orange, but let me see you giving up on your computer or important medication just for the sake of it.

At the end of the day you can boycott all you want - but supporting vandalism is not something I'd be proud of by any means.
    I for one even as a student do make an effort to buy Israeli goods, even if it means they're that more expensive than what's on offer. And I know many others who do the same and hell, my friend saw me exchanging a pack of oranges for Jaffa oranges she asked why and the only thing I stated was "I want to support Israeli produce" and from then on she does the same. She has absolutely no ties to the conflict, and no political interest.]

And btw, I have no interest in ruining a Palestinian shop as I have better things to do with my time, and I have values and morals which go against ruining the belonging of others.
  • Options
    LOL> Values and morals in supporting a state which has disregarded all international law (and continues to do so) for more than half a century, has raised successive terrorist leaders to the leadership of the nation and which continues to display its lust for regional expansionism and control by attacking the urban civilian areas of its neighboring countries (which you would be screaming in rage over if it were Iran or Iraq or Syria doing the same) in direct violation to the Nuremberg Principles.

You support atheistic, ideological extremists every bit as self-justifying in principle as were the Nazis themselves and are too naive to comprehend that simple consistency of principle.

Your "morality" is for nought.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    At the end of the day you can boycott all you want - but supporting vandalism is not something I'd be proud of by any means.
    And yet...
  • Options
    Meanwhile, the number of people murdered by Israel in Lebanon has passed 200.

Shame on mankind for allowing such atrocities to happen and not lift a finger about them.
  • Options
    But then what hope of peace can ever be for that region when you see scenes like these...

_41898710_messagesafp416.jpg
    Israeli children writing 'greeting' messages on shells soon to be dropped on the Arabs

Sickening. :no:
  • Options
    All sides either want the war to continue or they're so tied up in their hatred they cant see properly.