Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sulky Friends!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A good friend of mine gets incredibly sulky at times when I very ocassionally cancel on her as I cant make it for a valid reason. She seems to not understand the fact that I cant always meet her when it suits her. Getting a bit tired of it. I find I need to know a bit in advance when people want to meet me. She just ends up being childish and moody. Really annoying. Ive messaged her suggesting we meet tomorrow and she can choose what time as long as she lets me know a bit in advance. I dont think shes even speaking to me at the moment. Find it incredibly ridiculous! Apparently Im not there for my friends as she puts it! Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Options
    no i dont. i dont like people cancelling on me, but if its for a valid reason then its fine. its not the end of the world anyway+it sounds like she's being a bit petty about it.
  • Options
    no i dont. i dont like people cancelling on me, but if its for a valid reason then its fine. its not the end of the world anyway+it sounds like she's being a bit petty about it.

Yep I had to cancel as my family were cooking the meal later than I had thought so I wasnt going to make it for the time she wanted. And I had spent the whole of the afternoon with her out. So its not like I wasnt there for her! Guess I should just leave her to stew. Shes broken up with her latest bf recently, probably partly why shes in a bad mood!
  • Options
    she probably wants to see you more as a friend to take her mind off things, but wont admit it+her way of dealing with it is to sulk!
  • Options
    she probably wants to see you more as a friend to take her mind off things, but wont admit it+her way of dealing with it is to sulk!

You are probably right, I think shes that type of person. Ah well...Ive sent a few suggestions for the weekend as well. So she cant say Im not making an effort.