Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

One year on...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    luke88 wrote:
    Don't you think the poll the other day of muslim attitudes is concerning?

The one where 87% thought that the bombers weren't martyrs?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Frankly I largely ignore polls, they can be set up in a way to get virtually any result you want.
    You really can't win.
  • Options
    The one where 87% thought that the bombers weren't martyrs?
    No, where 13% thought they were... which accounts for over 300,000 if translated intothewhole population of muslims.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    When the police seem to concentrate more on the muslim community it's branded racist... yet the bombers are muslim.

No, when they stop and search people purely based on their skin colour they are called racist.

Or when the Brazilian innocent man who was shot dead for no reason was identified as having "mongolian eyes" they are called racist.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    No, when they stop and search people purely based on their skin colour they are called racist.
    Rubbish. Evidence?
  • Options
    Main Entry: 1mar·tyr
    Pronunciation: 'mär-t&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Greek martyr-, martys witness
    1 : a person who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty of witnessing to and refusing to renounce a religion
    2 : a person who sacrifices something of great value and especially life itself for the sake of principle
    3 : VICTIM; especially : a great or constant sufferer <a martyr to asthma all his life -- A. J. Cronin>
    - mar·tyr·i·za·tion /"mär-t&-r&-'zA-sh&n/ noun
    - mar·tyr·ize /'mär-t&-"rIz/ transitive verb

I think the 7/7 bombers could be said to fit the 2nd definition of the word.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Main Entry: 1mar·tyr
    Pronunciation: 'mär-t&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Greek martyr-, martys witness
    1 : a person who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty of witnessing to and refusing to renounce a religion
    2 : a person who sacrifices something of great value and especially life itself for the sake of principle
    3 : VICTIM; especially : a great or constant sufferer <a martyr to asthma all his life -- A. J. Cronin>
    - mar·tyr·i·za·tion /"mär-t&-r&-'zA-sh&n/ noun
    - mar·tyr·ize /'mär-t&-"rIz/ transitive verb

I think the 7/7 bombers could be said to fit the 2nd definition of the word.
    Look at you... making excuses fortheir vile remarks.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Rubbish. Evidence?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/politics_show/4628072.stm

"you are nearly seven times more likely if you are black to be stopped and searched, and twice as likely if you are Asian, than a white person."
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

you really are a prat
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/politics_show/4628072.stm

"you are nearly seven times more likely if you are black to be stopped and searched, and twice as likely if you are Asian, than a white person."
    Because they are more likely to be the lastest wave of terrorists.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

What all people with brown skin?
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:

Are there over twice as many black muslims as Asian ones?
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    No, where 13% thought they were...

You can do maths, I presume?

I don't think there is a single excuse there at all. He's pointng out the definition of "martyr" for you, as you don't seem to understand the word.
  • Options
    luke you've turned this thread into a bad joke, all your arguments have been blown to pieces but you keep on digging a hole........it's obvious to everyone else so you might as well just admit it, you don't have a clue what you're talking about and your head is filled with tabloid bullshit.....
  • Options
    You can do maths, I presume?

I don't think there is a single excuse there at all. He's pointng out the definition of "martyr" for you, as you don't seem to understand the word.

lol looks like his maths isn't much better than his english.......i'm sorry for getting personal it's just real tiresome to listen to the same drivel over and over, bring back klintock and they can have their own forum over in the corner.....
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Do you think anything has changed for the better or worse?

Outside of London? Not really.
  • Options
    luke you've turned this thread into a bad joke, all your arguments have been blown to pieces but you keep on digging a hole........it's obvious to everyone else so you might as well just admit it, you don't have a clue what you're talking about and your head is filled with tabloid bullshit.....
    No it is not.
  • Options
    so explain exactly how getting rid of multiculturalism is the key to fighting terrorism, i can't wait to hear this.......and stop dodging questions if you don't want to be accused of trolling.

ETA: obviously a troll then.