Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eyebrow help please....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have plucked my eyebrows for a while now (just in between) and recently I have been getting a lot of in-growing hairs which have been causeing large spots and very red marks. The marks are really bad and everytime I seem to get rid of one mark up comes another... :(

Any suggestions to stop this happening?

And also.. is there any creams/treatments out there to speed up the skin healing process as the red marks are really visable.

Comments

• Options
    Exfoliate!

A good face scrub once or twice a week should help. :yes:
  • Options
    any particular stuff i should use to scrub with?? So many to choose from claiming they can do this that and the other!!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Exfoliate!

A good face scrub once or twice a week should help. :yes:

:heart: @ your ferret av
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    :heart: @ your ferret av

Gorgeous, ain't she? :heart:

OP - I've heard good things about that St. Ives apricot one. Although I think they're all much of a muchness.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I always though the apricot one to be too harsh.
    Clean and Clear does a morning scrub (or something like that) thats nice.

After waxing/tweezing, I always just washed my face and put some astrengent over my eyebrows and that seemed to help with the breakout.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Gorgeous, ain't she? :heart:

OP - I've heard good things about that St. Ives apricot one. Although I think they're all much of a muchness.
    She's stunning. I've always wanted a ferret but my parents always said no :( .

And I use St Ives religiously - I have psoriasis on my eyebrows and it really helps freshen the skin up.

But make sure you moisturise immediately after exfoliating or your skin will just dry out completely.

Another tip; if you've got ingrowing hairs and you want to pluck them out, get a hot flannel and hold it on your eyebrows for a good 5 minutes and then pluck - it'll open up the pores and make it easier to remove ingrown hairs...
  • Options
    She's stunning. I've always wanted a ferret but my parents always said no :( .

Aww. They are the best pets ever, imo. Like all the best bits of a small pet mixed with all the best bits of a dog or cat. Although they are pretty high-maintenance, so I guess I could see where your parents are coming from.

Might try me some of this apricot stuff. It's always on offer in one supermarket or another, and I should really exfoliate more often. My skin is drier than nasty dry stuff. :sour:
  • Options
    I had 2 rats, and they were so intelligent - they came when I called their names! My mum still hated them though :( Maybe when I get my own place I'll get a Ferret :yes:
  • Options
    I had 2 rats, and they were so intelligent - they came when I called their names! My mum still hated them though :( Maybe when I get my own place I'll get a Ferret :yes:

:no: get 2 :yes:
  • Options
    Aye, if you were living on your own it'd be fantastic company too. Mine don't know their names (we adopted them from a shelter when they were 2, so they've probably had a few names in their time) but they know my voice, and they'll come find me if I call them :heart:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    :no: get 2 :yes:

Definitely. And get rescue ones too!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Definitely. And get rescue ones too!

:yes: :yes: :D

my ferret fell in the pond today while chasing goldfish! It was hillarious. She was not best pleased!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    my ferret fell in the pond today while chasing goldfish! It was hillarious. She was not best pleased!

:lol:

I'd love to let mine outside, but I just don't trust them not to scarper, and can't find a harness small enough for the skinny one.

So I console myself with taking pictures of them sleeping in humorous positions. (Their favourite hiding place is the bottom drawer of my sewing desk).
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    :lol:

I'd love to let mine outside, but I just don't trust them not to scarper, and can't find a harness small enough for the skinny one.

So I console myself with taking pictures of them sleeping in humorous positions. (Their favourite hiding place is the bottom drawer of my sewing desk).

Yours are mega cute, btw

mine sleeps in the high 5 position too! i'll find a photo...or 4. Taking sleeping photos is one of my favourite pastime activities! Its so cute

i had to adjust a harness to fit my fidget as shes so tiny. Good old needle and thread, and a flame to the frayed ends sorted it out!

stops hijacking the thread now
  • Options
    She's cute as ever :D

Sleeping photos is really the only way forward, as they are way too hyperactive to get a good photo while awake.

(except maybe this one)
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    She's cute as ever :D

Sleeping photos is really the only way forward, as they are way too hyperactive to get a good photo while awake.

(except maybe this one)
    Thats way cute :heart: i could come up there and steal yours, but dont worry i wont :angel:
    haha yes those are good too. Ive spent hours trying to take photos when mines awake. I always end up frustrated, with a lot of blurred photos. I did manage to catch her yawning once, quite impressive
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    I did manage to catch her yawning once, quite impressive

That is the holy grail! :hyper:
  • Options
    Ouch wouldn't want to come a cropper with those fangs - do they bite? I've heard stories that they're the worst for biting... and smelling? :confused:
  • Options
    Ouch wouldn't want to come a cropper with those fangs - do they bite? I've heard stories that they're the worst for biting... and smelling? :confused:

A ferret only bites and smells if you dont train it or wash it. Much like a dog. If you get a puppy and do no training, its going to bite! If you dont bath it, its going to stink!
  • Options
    PMSL @ this thread.. started about eyebrows and now on to ferrets!!!

Random change!!
  • Options
    JJ1978 wrote:
    PMSL @ this thread.. started about eyebrows and now on to ferrets!!!

Random change!!

:lol: sorry, thats probably my fault!

Back to eyebrows, yes i also think you need to exfoliate them!

Also though, ive heard good things about a product called "tend skin" you may want to look into that, apparantly it prevents in-grown hairs. I think its expensive though...
  • Options
    double post oops.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I have heard that these Ingrown Hair Eliminating Pads from Bliss are good...
  • Options
    yes, exfoliating sounds like a good idea.

Oh my, those ferets are sooooo cute. want one! daddy! I want a ferret! get me one now!

how are they high maintenance, compared to other pet?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    how are they high maintenance, compared to other pet?
    well because compared to say...a rabbit which is happy to have the odd cuddle and be in a run on the grass for most of the day, a ferret is up there with a cat or dog maintenance wise. They need regular vaccinations, worming, flea treatment (all expensive), they require lots of exercise daily, supervision, they can be very naughty (hiding objects they're not supposed to ie.socks), they require a special diet, lots and lots of attention, and it takes alot to keep their minds occupied! they also need training from the start to get them out of nipping habits.

Other than that its all worth it. Its like having a kitten really, maintenence wise.
  • Options
    I use St. ives to scrub...also don't pluck too much. your skin might be having a reaction to all that plucking...