Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

"Outrage" over N. Korea missile tests

2»

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    North_Korean_Army_Officers.jpg
    :lol:
    And unless you know something nobody else does the US with its military resources concentrated in Iraq and Afghanistan is in no position to invade NK, Iran or any other country.

Well, thank you captain obvious. There IS talk of clobbering Iran after the US pulls out of Iraq (It has already practically abandonned Afghanistan practically leaving it to the British Army. Thanks, America)... it will be quite free to get it's arse beaten by the Iranians.

And as for NK... of COURSE they won't invade them. They already have nukes, it is to late. The US know if they invade North Korea now, there will actualyl be some penalty besides dead soldiers. But they don't care about that, most of them are from poor neighbourhoods anyway. The penaly will be nuclear warheads. Hence, the deterant effect works - Iran has none - The US threatens Iran alot. North Korea has nukes. America says "Don't test those missiles or you will pay!" Missiles are tested... the US is shown to be a "Paper Tiger" to phrase Mao - it does shit all.

Supprise!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not keen for anyone to get nukes. But I'm even less keen on others preventing them by force.

Make no mistake... if Iraq had gone as the neocons had hoped (quick military victory followed by submissions and no insurgency) Iran would have been invaded by now. The Americans' pisspoor planning didn't account for them to be still fighting a war in Iraq 3 years on with the country on a permanent brink of civil war and self-destruction.

And as for the US not having it in for Iran before the new President took charge... please. Remember a certain 'axis of evil' speech? Was that given before or after the Iranian elections?

There is little the US would like more than to get rid of North Korea's regime, but it simply doesn't have the balls, on account of the North Koreans having produced a few nukes of their own.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    And as for the US not having it in for Iran before the new President took charge... please. Remember a certain 'axis of evil' speech? Was that given before or after the Iranian elections?

Because Iran was then (and continues to be) a sponsor of terrorism.
  • Options
    Because Iran was then (and continues to be) a sponsor of terrorism.

So does the US (Private Businesses and Governemnt)... whats your point?
    It's only because hte US doesn't agree with the terrorist Iran sponsors.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    So does the US (Private Businesses and Governemnt)... whats your point?
    It's only because hte US doesn't agree with the terrorist Iran sponsors.

I feel a need to correct you there. I know it's a technicallity but... ;)

...It's because the US government doesn't agree....:thumb:
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    I feel a need to correct you there. I know it's a technicallity but... ;)

...It's because the US government doesn't agree....:thumb:

True. True. Or indeed, the private businesses.

I guess most American Citizens are quite annoyed at any sponsoring of terrorism. Well, except Bush voters...
  • Options
    I am guessing that most people that voted for Bush voted for him because of religion and his security policies (policies???? hehe)
    I don't think they think/know about the terrorism sponsorship.
    A big majority of the Bush voters are simply republicans who would never vote democrat.