Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Living costs?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
any single inhabitors out there?
how much does you food cost a week or month, considering i dont eat much meat at all and dont eat ready meals?
or just a rough guess from anyone please, will be greatly recieved.
thank you

Comments

• Options
    i spend about £30 a week on food, i do buy a lot of fresh food and veg tho you could probably spend about half that on cheap crappy buy 2 pizzas get 1 ready meal free deals, but i decided it's not worth skimping on something like food.......

mind you i went in asda to get this week's goodies, and the whole lot came to £14 whereas in sainsbury's i know it would've been over £20, so i guess it depends where you go.........
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    i'm a student and i feed myself on about £10-15 a week (but that's only monday-friday).
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yeah I'd say £20 to £30.
  • Options
    it depends entirely on what you eat, how much you eat, where you eat, or where you shop for food

Pasta is really inexpensive to live off, and you can make your own sauces really cheap and they are much healthier.

If you make your own stuff its normally cheaper, but then again theres alot of good ready meal offers.

Ive worked out that i can make most main meals for about £1 excluding any deserts. Therefore a week of main meals = £7ish for me.

You can easily work it out for yourself by working out an example of what you would eat in a week, and then figure out how much it all cost.
  • Options
    I'd struggle to spend under £20, budget for about £30 and then you can have the occasional treat.
  • Options
    thank you for ue help greatly appreciated
    PS these storms are awesome