Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

picking fruit abroad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone know any good employers overseas - maybe europe, spain or france

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, a friend of mine did it for four consecutive summers in Denmark. Will try and find out where, but as far as I'm aware he just pitched up at a strawberry farm the first summer and got a job along with dozens of others.

Definitely something I'd fancy doing one summer, good times to be had I'm sure :thumb:

Or if you want to go a bit further afield there are shitloads of mango-picking opportunities in Oz... apparently!
  • Options
    Wow, and here I thought fruit picking was only done by foreign people, but "under the radar" if you catch my drift. :razz:
  • Options
    Many organisations that do gap years do this sort of thing for a couple of months/few weeks so you could check out these websites

www.gap-year.com

www.gapyear.com

there are so many more websites!!! just go to google type in gap year and maybe a few key words of the type of work you are looking for and youll find lots. If you need any more help im happy to help