Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Phoooooooooone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really want a contract phone and I had decided on the Sony Ericsson W810i but then i found out about the K800i. I was still going to go ahead and get the W810i because it had a bigger memory stick (free ;) ) and with the insurance i could get a new phone in 3 months. Now my mate said that he's going to get the K800i and although it would be awkward if I got the K800i too I'd really hate to be outdone.

I know it sounds nasty but I'd probably get the "My phones better than yours" shit every time. So should I wait and get an even better phone or what?

Or does anyone know of a mobile phone I could get? I'd like a decent camera (>=2MP) and I'd need an MP3 player and or Radio with memory stick slot.

Comments

• Options
    I'm buying the k800 tomorrow. 3.2MP camera? Can't beat that man! :D
  • Options
    Why would it be awkward if you both had the same phone?
  • Options
    i'm also recieving my k800i tommorow :)
  • Options
    i think i might get a k800i. is it any good?!

i got a samsung e900 today. sexy as but the touch sensitive buttons are shite so it's going back. :yes:
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    i'm also recieving my k800i tommorow :)
    Mine comes tomorrow! Damn, you're more of a phone geek than me :p
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I really want a contract phone and I had decided on the Sony Ericsson W810i but then i found out about the K800i. I was still going to go ahead and get the W810i because it had a bigger memory stick (free ;) ) and with the insurance i could get a new phone in 3 months. Now my mate said that he's going to get the K800i and although it would be awkward if I got the K800i too I'd really hate to be outdone.

I know it sounds nasty but I'd probably get the "My phones better than yours" shit every time. So should I wait and get an even better phone or what?

Or does anyone know of a mobile phone I could get? I'd like a decent camera (>=2MP) and I'd need an MP3 player and or Radio with memory stick slot.

I've gone totally the other ways with phones and got a really basic but easy to use Nokia with great battery life, no camera, MP3 player or nothing just a phone.
  • Options
    Saw the k800 in a shop today and was fairly impressed with the build, much better than the plastic 810i. So I'll be bartering on the phone with o2 on monday to get an upgrade and a new deal.
  • Options
    so...is it any good?!
  • Options
    Yes it's great! The camera is amazing, it has a xenon flash that works very well. Nicely built, all the good features and ease-of-use you'd expect from a sony ericsson. Recommended!
  • Options
    i've sent my e900 back so might get that instead but i haven't seen it in the flesh yet.
  • Options
  • Options
    I've ordered my k800i today, though the retention people wouldn't give me a free upgrade, I did get a better tariff out of them. woot.
  • Options
    Anywhere near Sheffield? ;)

about 50 minutes away. :p
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I've ordered my k800i today, though the retention people wouldn't give me a free upgrade, I did get a better tariff out of them. woot.
    Mine was £69.99, and I've downgraded my line rental to £9pm. Which comes out at £177 for the year, not too bad!
    about 50 minutes away. :p
    Haha well it's free for testing :p