Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

long distance relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well this is kind of complicated.

Ok the thing I am in a long distance relationship.

I met him on a course we both did back in December he’s from Newcastle and I am from Wales. Anyway we got together after the course I been up there he been down here getting on really well even thought about him moving down to Wales and moving in together. All seemed well

But I knew he had a court case. And I knew it was a big chance that he would go down for it. He did… straight away I said I will stack by him and everything

But in the time he has been in there I have met someone else. And I sort of am starting to like him. He’s always there and stuff and I know he likes me. But I wont do anything coz I love my b/f

But the more I spend time with this other guy the more I like him and the more I think yeah it could work. But then I think about my b/f and how much I love him. But he is is prison. I sometimes think its not going to work he’s in there for quite a long time can I really Wight that long. And even if I can I not sure how coz it is one hell of a lot of money going from Wales to Newcastle every few months! I need to be there for him and I dunno if I can

Just looking for advice really

Comments

• Options
    Maybe you should talk to himm about it. Given his current situation he can't expect you to wait forever when you two aren't married and weren't very serious at the start. Besides what kind of life could you too really have together, whit him being an ex-con? Not to be rude but you should really think about where you want to go and how you see your life and if contuine your current relationship fits into that and once you have sorted that out ( try writing it down) you can talk to him about it and share how you feel, what you want and how you plan to get it. He will of course have to understand postive or negative
  • Options
    Blairx0 wrote:
    Maybe you should talk to himm about it. Given his current situation he can't expect you to wait forever when you two aren't married and weren't very serious at the start. Besides what kind of life could you too really have together, whit him being an ex-con? Not to be rude but you should really think about where you want to go and how you see your life and if contuine your current relationship fits into that and once you have sorted that out ( try writing it down) you can talk to him about it and share how you feel, what you want and how you plan to get it. He will of course have to understand postive or negative

Yeah, I agree with Blairx0. I think you have more chance with the new guy you have met. I don't mean to seem judgemental, but if the other guy you met before is in prison now, and you have known him just since December, even though, granted, its a fairly long time, you hardly would know him too well. He could have been in prison before and there's always the possibility he could end up there again. The new guy seems a whole lot better for you IMHO. Although, I would talk to the the guy in prison too, before you rush to do anything. Tell him how you honestly feel.