Home Health and Wellbeing
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

GHD's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
Sorry if a similar post has been posted as it maybe has but dont think it'd answer my question!
I've had my GHD's about 13 months, they have been great! Last week they started making a flickey noise (kinda similar when a light bulb is going out) just where the cable connects to the iron, has this happened to anyone else? I think it could be a loose wire. Then I noticed that the LED light isn't working as well, could it just be the bulb that is going?
If it was under 12 months since I'd bought them I'd take them back but its over it but only just, what should/could I do?
Thanks for reading it!
:p
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    is your guarentee just for a year then? for my straighteners (not GHDs tho) i have a 3 year guarentee. if yours is only for a year, then i dont think you can really do anything...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are loads of GHDs for sale on ebay with the same fault being sold for spares. Seems like GHD still haven't made a pair of straighteners that aren't faulty.

    If they're in the guarantee, then take them back to the place you bought them and they should replace them for you.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeh its just outta guarantee by about 2/3 weeks! my luck!
    they are still working just now, do you think its worth phoning up GHD saying I've been outta the country and unable to phone before?!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The worst they can do is say no, so go for it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sophia wrote:
    I've had mine for three years and they're still working perfectly, but maybe I'm just lucky...
    mine were still are just LED light not and tink they could b on their way out
    i've emailed GHD saying I was on holiday!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want a real or usefull response you should call them. With email your probably not going to get anything more than a customized automated response, probably telling you to call them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    If you want a real or usefull response you should call them. With email your probably not going to get anything more than a customized automated response, probably telling you to call them.

    yeh well the offices are open when i'm at work i'm off on friday so if no reply by them i'll phone when i'm off cos will cost me loads on my mobile and dont get reception too good where i work
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lol, good point. Well I hope you get lucky via email. I'd be so jelous if you did ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    Lol, good point. Well I hope you get lucky via email. I'd be so jelous if you did ;)
    i won't nothing goes right for me i'll prob phone up too and end up having to buy a new pair :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sophia wrote:
    I've had mine for three years and they're still working perfectly, but maybe I'm just lucky...
    I'm selling mine on ebay right now - they're 4 years old and were going strong up until 2 weeks ago when they suddenly stopped heating properly. I'd get your £100 ready just in case :lol: :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If something breaks within a few weeks of guarantee ending, id still phone up and give them hell tbh. You expect them to last longer than that. They dont LEGALLY have to do anything, but they still might and a lot of companies will, because its shoddy goods that break quickly.
    Tell them you expected more from their product after being recomended it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sophia wrote:
    Well, considering how much I use them (a lot) if they lasted me four years and then I had to replace them I wouldn't think that was so bad really, I'd certainly but GHDs again. I know 100 quid is a lot of money, but I use mine that often that four solid years of use seems quite reasonable to me, nothing lasts forever.

    How come you're selling yours if they're broken?
    Because people will buy them for spares/repair....
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sophia wrote:
    I've had mine for three years and they're still working perfectly, but maybe I'm just lucky...
    Same here, I've had mine 4 years.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can send them back to GHD and they will repair them for you. All you have to pay for is the postage. Mine blew up a few weeks ago. Go onto their website and send them a message, they'll mail you back all the details.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Faith wrote:
    You can send them back to GHD and they will repair them for you. All you have to pay for is the postage. Mine blew up a few weeks ago. Go onto their website and send them a message, they'll mail you back all the details.
    i've sent a message via their website and had no reply, would they do that even though they are outta guarantee but only just
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welll I phoned up GHD and I've sent them off recorded delivery and they are going to assess them and let me know how much it will be to fix them or whats wrong, would rather get them fixed by them than anyone, so fingers crossed they might take pity on me cos it was that close to the guarantee!
    I'm lost without them - they said 14 days but knowing my luck will be longer!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wisecrack wrote:
    Welll I phoned up GHD and I've sent them off recorded delivery and they are going to assess them and let me know how much it will be to fix them or whats wrong, would rather get them fixed by them than anyone, so fingers crossed they might take pity on me cos it was that close to the guarantee!
    I'm lost without them - they said 14 days but knowing my luck will be longer!
    Sounds like quite the hassle. Can't you buy another pair?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like quite the hassle. Can't you buy another pair?
    will be cheaper!
    when your £70ish worse off a week than i was 12 months ago its the better option!
    if i do need a new pair does anyone know a cheap website?
    not sure about ebay cos want the genuine thing
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    -
    thanks very muchly!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're welcome :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wisecrack wrote:
    i've sent a message via their website and had no reply, would they do that even though they are outta guarantee but only just

    Yep, mine are about a year & half old. You may have to pay for the repair but its much cheaper than buying new ones!

    And if you want a cheap site to get them from try Ebay! Mine are the wide ones and i got them from Ebay bran new for £70.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Faith wrote:
    Yep, mine are about a year & half old. You may have to pay for the repair but its much cheaper than buying new ones!
    yeh thats what they said but they will let me know the cost before they do anything so if its gonna be worthwile getting new ones i will
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just incase anyone that replied to this needs to know!
    As you will know I sent my GHDs back excepting to have to pay to get them fixed, well a brand spanking new pair arrived today! Yippe
    even though they were 3 weeks over their guarantee!
    God love GHD!!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wow lucky ducky!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tell me about it
    usually happens other way for me!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wisecrack wrote:
    Hi
    Sorry if a similar post has been posted as it maybe has but dont think it'd answer my question!
    I've had my GHD's about 13 months, they have been great! Last week they started making a flickey noise (kinda similar when a light bulb is going out) just where the cable connects to the iron, has this happened to anyone else? I think it could be a loose wire. Then I noticed that the LED light isn't working as well, could it just be the bulb that is going?
    If it was under 12 months since I'd bought them I'd take them back but its over it but only just, what should/could I do?
    Thanks for reading it!
    :p

    Funny you said that because mine have done exactly the same. They'l be ok one minute then the LED will go out and they will turn off so you have to bang them a bit to make it come back on. Just takes twice as long straightening your hair!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My one has dried my hair out a bit so definitely taking a break. They are erm..very powerful.
Sign In or Register to comment.