Home Drink & Drugs
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

People who feel cool because they take drugs...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Fair enough to those people who have decided that they want to take drugs because they've really thought about it. Everybody has the right to do what they want to.
But I really have an issue with those people who just do it because other people do.
Also - drug dealers - many just make money out of manipulating young kids - it's just not right.
Would you not agree?
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Virtually all drug dealing is demand not supply led, there are so many people wanting drugs you dont have to 'push' them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmmm...

    No - but do you not think that people should take some kind of responsibility?
    Whether they want it or not - they shouldn't be so easily available for them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hot Nicks! wrote:
    No - but do you not think that people should take some kind of responsibility?
    Whether they want it or not - they shouldn't be so easily available for them.

    No, they shouldn't be as easily available, but thats the fault of the black market, not of drugs.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think some discretion should be employed when dealing to the very young, surely people aged around 11 to 14 are a touch young to truly grasp the addictive qualities of some narcotics.

    If you are educated to the use of drugs and effects and want to buy them at your own cost and use them for personal use, then go for it i say. But when dealers sell, i think they should steer away from the demand of the young.

    Im not trying to start an argument about knowing more the day you turn 16 to the day you were last 15 years old or anything like that, im just saying draw some boundaries in that respect. Though i wouldnt say that there is much "pushing" on kids by dealers, it is more peer pressure of older kids who already use themselves. Whether it is intentional or not, the use of drugs encourages the use of drugs.

    As for demand...it must be high...when i was 16 i was in a club called space i had like 30 different women, some 18, some 35, asking me to sell them pills. I didnt even know i looked like a drug dealer...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If they were controlled legally we could largely stop kids using hard drugs.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with you Bongbudda!

    Well, provided it was done better then with booze and smoking which every kid seems to get these days. But i still agree.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I imagine it a bit more like with strong pain killers at the moment, age and possible problems/interactions are checked by someone qualified before purchase.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And possibly with proof of ID required. Plus if it was regulated you know what you buy would be cleaner and safer to use and possibly reduced in strength...you know these companies trying to sell more by reducing strength.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,184 Skive's The Limit
    I think some sort of 'drug passport' would be a good idea - some form of identification that allows you to buy certain drugs. Something that prooves you're of correct age, that you understand how to minimize the risks involved, and that you havn't got any previous convictions for drunk/drug driving or violence.

    Maybe that would be too complicated though.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dealers don't make people take drugs. People go to them. Can't blame them for wanting to make a few extra quid. I know in my area none of the dealers really give a shit about age, people are buying blow and pills from age 14/15.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what annoys me is the inconsistency with alcohol. almost everyone i know has seen what it does to you and a lot of them dont associate with drugs at all, how is something that causes such pervasive problems allowed? in particular, ive never heard of anyone being violent while stoned or pilling, and cant imagine it myself, but i have been violent both to myself and others while pissed. and yes i think all should be legalised and controlled and some sort of passport, which was updated in the event of mental/physical illness or drug related convictions woulod be good. but i bet all you got hold of alcohol without any id.

    also, i have definitely come across people pushing drugs on younger people. there were dealers outside my school and a friend of mine got offered her first hit of smack for free in a local park when she was 14 (maybe you dont believe that but i trust her). but no one i knew was affected by them. if they wanted drugs it was cos they saw all their mates havin an ace time and got curious.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have seen people get just as violent while stoned on just weed as they have done while drunk on alcohol. I see alcohol and drugs on a similar par and should be controlled and regulated in an equal or similar way.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    subject13 wrote:
    I have seen people get just as violent while stoned on just weed as they have done while drunk on alcohol. I see alcohol and drugs on a similar par and should be controlled and regulated in an equal or similar way.

    Exactly, our response needs to be tailored to the drug in question. I'd like to see tigher control on alcohol and tobacco sales, and some control at all on drug sales would be great.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dealers should be responsible enough to not sell drugs to young kids, espescially class A's. I tried pills when I was like 13 and although at the time I thought I was 'mr cool' I fucking wish now that the dealer had told me to fuck off and play my playstation or something. Problem is, most dealers sell drugs because they are hooked on whatever drug they are selling and get loads of it for free, and let's face it, anyone that's ever been hooked on a drug will agree with me that you don't give a fuck and will do pretty much anything to get your 'fix'.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    XTC wrote:
    Dealers should be responsible enough to not sell drugs to young kids, espescially class A's.

    Problem is, most dealers sell drugs because they are hooked on whatever drug they are selling and get loads of it for free, and let's face it, anyone that's ever been hooked on a drug will agree with me that you don't give a fuck and will do pretty much anything to get your 'fix'.

    As soon as someone decides to deal the very nature of the law means they dont really care about restrictions on supply.

    And most people who supply pills and cannabis are not going to be addicts, but they are going to be users and have a more relaxed view of the dangers of the drug.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    subject13 wrote:
    I have seen people get just as violent while stoned on just weed as they have done while drunk on alcohol.

    maybe they've been just as violent while stoned, but its not because of the weed

    you don't end up in 'fight mode' or some form of a drunken rage after a smoke
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    Dealers don't make people take drugs.

    Some do actually. In the west end of London, which used to be pretty much a heroin only scene, dealers wanting to push crack starting mixing crack in with the brown so people had no choice but to do both. For a while you couldn't buy brown on its own, you could only buy brown and white.

    That's the hardcore street using scene though. The recreational scene is somewhat different and what you say mostly holds true.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kasia wrote:
    ive never heard of anyone being violent while stoned or pilling,

    I have. In fact there is an article in this book

    0711975191.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

    that mentions football hoolies getting pilled up to go rucking.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z01 wrote:
    maybe they've been just as violent while stoned, but its not because of the weed

    you don't end up in 'fight mode' or some form of a drunken rage after a smoke
    Exactly, it wasnt a drunken rage/violence, it was weed/drug rage/violence instead. Same effect brought on by a different cause.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,184 Skive's The Limit
    Blagsta wrote:
    I have. In fact there is an article in this book

    that mentions football hoolies getting pilled up to go rucking.

    Isn't the rise of dance culture and ecstasy cited as one of the reasons football violence has declined?
    I've read a few books written by hoolies that seem to confirm that anyway.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    Isn't the rise of dance culture and ecstasy cited as one of the reasons football violence has declined?
    I've read a few books written by hoolies that seem to confirm that anyway.

    Its a nice myth, but a load of bollocks really. While it may have had a short term effect, what had more influence was the gentrification of the game, the move from terraces to seating, the corporatisation of football and heavy policing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Some do actually. In the west end of London, which used to be pretty much a heroin only scene, dealers wanting to push crack starting mixing crack in with the brown so people had no choice but to do both. For a while you couldn't buy brown on its own, you could only buy brown and white.

    Which is one of the stronger reasons for suppling drugs in a legal and controlled way.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    subject13 wrote:
    it was weed/drug rage/violence instead. Same effect brought on by a different cause.

    nah they do not have the same effect at all, i disagree completly .. other drugs yea possibly, but not e's and smoke
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have no idea what effect E's have as i dont use them or seen anyone i know use them, but i can guarantee what i have seen weed do. Not on everyone, just some people.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    never in my life have i seen weed make anyone violent.
    i have seen people being violent whilst under the influence.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    subject13 wrote:
    but i can guarantee what i have seen weed do. Not on everyone, just some people.

    more like what you've seen people do when they happened to smoke weed

    would i be right in guessing you've fuck all first hand expierence with the stuff?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I didnt have any experience with it until like the past year.

    But what does that have to do with it?

    They smoked weed and they behaved a certain way. Saying, they just happened to do that and it wasnt the weed is an argument you can use for drinking as well. The fact is, as has been said above by other people, drugs can make you act that way, just because you dont doesnt mean other people dont.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    subject13 wrote:
    I didnt have any experience with it until like the past year.

    But what does that have to do with it?

    They smoked weed and they behaved a certain way. Saying, they just happened to do that and it wasnt the weed is an argument you can use for drinking as well. The fact is, as has been said above by other people, drugs can make you act that way, just because you dont doesnt mean other people dont.
    alcohol can make you loose control you have no idea what your doing ...or why your doing it ...and can often have no memory of doing it ...where weed cannot.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    alcohol can make you loose control you have no idea what your doing ...or why your doing it ...and can often have no memory of doing it ...where weed cannot.

    Not too sure man, I have seen some people losing control or doing really stupid stuff the couldn't remeber the next day just under weed... and weed only... Rarely tho... twice if I recal well... much more rare than with alcohol...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you could stoned out of your brain and forget things, but it wont turn you violent

    and subject13, its not the same argument, alcohol has a tendancy to turn people violent whereas weed doesnt

    out of all the time ive smoked and all the people ive smoked with ive never seen someone go violent BECAUSE of weed

    rolly said the same thing and his expierence would count as much as of ours combined, so i think you've witnessed something really rare - no doubt it was down to the person not the weed
Sign In or Register to comment.