Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

slept with best mate - please reply quickly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well to put it bluntly, last night I slept with one of my best mates. It was brilliant and then when he left this morning everything was really nice (granted we were both still really drunk at this point). He said that he would contact me later and that we would go out tonight. I haven’t heard a peep off him all day. I txt him at dinner time just saying hello as I quite often do and didn’t get a reply and he hasn’t made any contact since. Its not as if having no credit would matter as I live in the same block of flats as him on the same floor.

With someone in the same situation I would probably advise them to leave him to sort his head out, but im moving home from uni tomorrow and he’s just finished final year so I probably won’t see him again (I live in north Yorks' he lives in Cornwall).

We both said last night that it was just a bit of fun as we are going to be living so far apart but we were glad that it had happened and wished that we had spoke up sooner about how we felt so I know he isn’t worried that im about to turn around and propose or something.

Im debating going round to see him, I don’t want to look like a psycho stalker but I also don’t want to loose contact with and part on a bad note with one of the best friends I have ever had.

So do I go round or not? (I can go round to take some things that are in my flat so I “don’t move home with them” but would that be really obvious?)

Comments

• Options
    if you guys are friends then there is nothing wrong with going to say goodbye since it seems liek you won't be seeing each other for a while. Of course keeps things on the friend level to avoid any akwardness about what happened. But I don't see anything wrong with calling or stopping by to ask him to keep in touch and all that
  • Options
    He's your best mate but you'll never see him again? Wye-aye.

If you are such good friends then there's nothing wrong with popping around to say hello. I would probably say its a good thing as it doesn't give him time to freak out and be a dickhead about it all.
  • Options
    well i went round and things were strange for about 10 min but then after that it was all fine and he's gonna come up and see me soon, as mates because thats all that we want it to be. Cheers for the advice :D
  • Options
    glad things worked out for you