Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Leeds festival questions..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im trying to convince my friends to go to Leeds festival with me. They are not having any of it tho! I would LOVE to camp but they aren't too interested. I have NEVER been to a festival before so have a few questions.

Once im on the camp site, set up my tent blah blah blah can i leave the camp ground? Bcos i LOVE shopping in leeds, and i have family there so i would quite like to venture off for a bit, but obviously need to know if this is possible!!

So as i understand i go at like friday morning, do they tell me when i can camp or do i just camp ne wher?? lol and how big can my tent be? i mean if there is 3 of us, we still want a big tent hehe

Also i know you generally cant take stuff in like food drink, does that go for bottles of water too??

Erm i think thats all i need to know for now. Main way im gonna convince them is tghat my nan lives like 5 mins away so they can always go shower at hers, and if camping is that bad we can sleep there lol

well...obviously if that kind of thing is allowed..?!?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I've never camped at a festival either but from what i know/have been told...

You can deffinately leave the camp ground - they'll have somekind of system for letting you back in .. a wristband or something.. I think with Leeds and Reading the campsite opens on the Wednesday/Thursday so you can set up your tent from then - it'd probably be best to go beforehand so you're not in this big rush to get there and set up before you go off and see bands and have fun.

I think the tent size depends on the amount of people but i think the biggest you're allowed to have is four man tent - i know it's like that at Latitude and V.

You can take in as much food/water/Drink you like! They aren't going to force you to buy stuff on site! I'd reccomend bringing your own in actually - much cheaper and healthier - less risk of food poisoning, no ques.

Tell them not to worry about showers! Whole point of going to a festival is to have fun and be a dirty pig for the weekend. :p

any other info you're after should be here: http://www.leedsfestival.com/displayPage_leeds.asp?PageID=453

Think there's an infomation number on there aswell.

This and this are good sites for info aswell. :p

Have a great time! I'm well jealous! :thumb:
  • Options
    Weekend tickets are sold out, are they not?

1. You can leave the campsite but as far as I remember, it's a good 40 minutes on a bus to the campsite from leeds bus station, so not exactly practical to pop into leeds for the afternoon.

2. I used to get there on Thursday afternoon, exchange my ticket for a wristband and walk (about 1000 miles) towards one of the colour coded camping areas, set up, skin up, crack a few cans open and drink & smoke towards tomorrow. Big tents are fine as long as you can carry a half ton tent 2 miles over rough ground, along with the rest of your stuff.

3. You can take whatever you want into the campsite (except maybe glass bottles).

Then there's the riots and low flying helicopters to contend with - as well as the cesspits!
  • Options
    no there is a few left only a few tho so gotta make a choice and quick lol

thanks tho guys. v helpful.

Just had this image of kinda bein stuck in there lol
  • Options
    and doh they sold out now lol

hadnt day b4 yesterday wen i look GAY
    one dayer it is lol
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Weekend tickets are sold out, are they not?

1. You can leave the campsite but as far as I remember, it's a good 40 minutes on a bus to the campsite from leeds bus station, so not exactly practical to pop into leeds for the afternoon.

Its about 45 minutes on the bus and it costs about £5 to get them.

They also do buses to a nearby Tesco where you can pick up food and beer and stuff during the festival.
  • Options
    You can take any legal substance into the campsite, and that does include food, cans, water, and so on. Bottles and cans of alcohol are not permitted in the music area (so you buy theirs at £3 a pop) but they are permitted in the camping area.

You can leave the campsite and go into Leeds if you really want to, but the festival site is 10 miles outside Leeds so it isn't really practical.

Also don't take anything you would mind losing.