Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how am i going to get over this? help please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My bf split up with me about 4 weeks ago because he is moving to the other side of the world for a job and im devastated. hes 7 years older then me and in a completely different place in life but i cant help but feel i have lost 'the one' if there ever is a 'one', and my best friend.

i think it has just hit home that there is no chance of us being together as i saw him the other night and played the 'im happy and getting on with things' card, but im not! what am i going to do??? i know it gets easier with time but it makes it harder cus we havent argued or anything.

to make matters worse one of his m8s lives with us although is moving out soon but its a constant reminder of my ex and what hes up to. me and two mates are moving into a new house and he is finding another place, is it rude to ask him to move out when we move? (he lives rent free! as one of the girls i live with is his ex)

please help!!!

Comments

• Options
    sounds rough... but how far are you really moving my boyfriend and I spent a lot of our relationship living 800+ miles apart but all we wanted was each other so we decided to make it work and thus far it has. Prephas he isn't 'the one' because he wasn't willing to put in the time/effort to make it work. Maybe you think he is one because he is all you have ever known. Give yourself some time to let the hurt/pain pass and develop your own intrest more
  • Options
    hmmm a tough one, I had the same I was living with my girlfriend and due to a change in circumstances she had to move back with her parents, she was adamant that it would still work I knew it wouldn't. And as you said the hardest part is that it ends without any bad feeling on both parts. The easiest way to deal with it will be to sever all ties, seems harsh but it will be the best way for you to move on.
  • Options
    Hi, it is a very hard situation that you are in, not only do you have to deal with the actual break up, but the roomate situation as well. Mending a broken heart can help the break up situation, which can help you ease into the future more easily.Hope this helps :) and don't despair everything will work itself out.
  • Options
    im in a similar situation and this has helped me too thanks :)
  • Options
    The easiest way to deal with it will be to sever all ties, seems harsh but it will be the best way for you to move on.

The severing all ties is good advice. Can be REALLY hard to get over someone if you don't. But I don't like it to be final. I prefer to say I'll get in contact again in like a month or two. Give being friends a shot once you're over each other properly.
  • Options
    It normally takes someone about a month for every year they were together, but that's the roughest of calculations.

Four weeks is nothing, you need to take time to grieve for your bloke and the relationship you had. Don't feel that you're pathetic for feeling very sad and at a loss with the world, we all do, it's totally human.

You will get over it, but you need to give yourself time to do it.