Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Para risked his life to save US soldier hurt in Taliban attack

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i bet you the americans probly wouldnt return the favour

saying that, the para is from manchester, depending on which bit hes from, its probly no different than gang warfare :razz:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i bet you the americans probly wouldnt return the favour

It doesn't take long for the heroic act of a British soldier to be turned into an anti-American insult. Disgusting.
  • Options
    It doesn't take long for the heroic act of a British soldier to be turned into an anti-American insult. Disgusting.

Dont worry, there are alot of fuckwits on this site who cant take anything seriously and like to take the piss out of everything.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Good on the Soldier. But seriously, I wish the Yanks would stop shooting us. Some of the British Officers out there have told our guys to return fire on the US now if they fire upon us. They're fed up with our guys going home dead from US fire...
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Good on the Soldier. But seriously, I wish the Yanks would stop shooting us. Some of the British Officers out there have told our guys to return fire on the US now if they fire upon us. They're fed up with our guys going home dead from US fire...

If they have given that order they may find that they're being court-martialled very soon....

As an aside when was the last Brit killed by US friendly fire - its been a while.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    If they have given that order they may find that they're being court-martialled very soon....

As an aside when was the last Brit killed by US friendly fire - its been a while.

Last year. Still doesn't mean the US haven't done a better job than the Iraqi's at clobbering us (The A10 stiking our tank column is still the lamest - their were HUGE British flags atop the tanks.).

However, A Canadian has been done recently. As have Iraqi and Afgahni policemen.

The US have always seemed a little "trigger happy" to me. Judging by their performances in all the wars they've been in, they seem to get the most non-combatants.

Well, apart from Soviet forces. But they generally just went on a rampage anywhere the went...
  • Options
    Back in the first gulf war, there was a true story where an American unit called in air support. They quoted their own coordinates. Many died that day.
  • Options
    Back in the first gulf war, there was a true story where an American unit called in air support. They quoted their own coordinates. Many died that day.

That would have been funny except for the death. Worst... error... ever. Apart from the bombing of the Paras who went over before D Day... captured their point sucessfully... all was good... US bombers go over, drop payload, Paras die.

One of my Grandad's brothers (My uncle?) was in that unit. He died, thanks to friendly fire. US once again...

Oh, well. I am sure oneday they'll do some proper training. Half the Marines in Vietnam got fed up and fired upon the Huey Gunships if they saw them. Taken to much friendly fire to put up with more.