Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cheated On Gf How Can I Cope With The Guilt?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'll find alot of the people on this site extremely judgemental, and whiter than white. Obviously they never make mistakes...:chin:

But, at the end of the day, its up to you. If you can handle the stress, tell her, you'll probably find if she loves you you might get another chance.

If she doesnt, she'll get rid of you.

I say keep it zipped, but be prepared for it to come out sooner or later
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    I say keep it zipped, but be prepared for it to come out sooner or later

Hmm, well I'd say keep it zipped, too. You undoubtedly did wrong by your girlfriend but we're all only human, and as others have said there is nothing to be gained from telling her except her anguish which I assume is what you want to avoid. But if you think there's a reasonable chance of the news getting out in the future then I'd rethink.

If there was absolutely zero chance of her finding out then I would hesitantly advise keeping schtum. If it's a friend of a friend of a friend, or someone may have spotted you, or you've blabbed to your mates about it then you'll have to swallow the fact that she may well find out and be absolutely livid that a) you cheated and b) she found out from Mary at the Post Office. In which case it's probably a choice between getting dumped immediately and getting dumped two months down the line with a black eye added into the equation.

Decisions, decisions... :chin:
  • Options
    I cheated but I kept it to myself. It was a very drunken night. I kept my mouth shut and didnt say shit. It didnt come out and nobody found out although I did reliese it wasa huge mistake which I never did again.
  • Options
    jayjay620 wrote:
    You'll find alot of the people on this site extremely judgemental, and whiter than white. Obviously they never make mistakes...:chin:

I've made alot of mistakes in my life and hurt alot of people just so I could enjoy myself. Although i've learnt some lessons in life and tend to not do the same mistakes again, however I'd be lying if I know that I wont hurt more people down the line
  • Options
    Fair play to you, it's of course true that what people don't know doesn't hurt them.

It just depends to what extent a guilty conscience affects you, a lot of people probably wouldn't be able to keep the secret. If you can and if it was an honest-to-goodness slip-up then for most people keeping it between you and your conscience is probably chastisement enough in my opinion.