Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Happy Moments

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I haven't made a thread in a while, so here goes..

when was the last time you experienced a moment of happiness? It could just be a little happiness, or it could the best thing to have happened to you and it can be about ANYTHING. No matter how significant.

Share your happy stories and help bring a smile to someone elses face in the process :D

For me, a recent happy moment was going to a really good gig with my boyfriend. That was fun :yes:

Comments

• Options
    I had a really happy day paintballing and then at one of my best friends birthday parties last week :)
  • Options
    Mine was going to my first ever gig and meeting the lead singer and a few people who made me laugh.
  • Options
    When I went up Blackpool Tower last week with le boy. I know its nothing special or anything but awwww, it was really cool :) I had candyfloss too :yum:
  • Options
    Saturday night, when I met some nice friendly people at a club.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The latest one was when I was out with some pals. A computer shop had set a kiosk somewhere, about football apparently, and there was this "table football" game (not sure what you call it, something like this[/url). We seperated in two teams and the team I was in won (though I didn't have much to do with it :p) and we got a free hat each. :D
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    When I went up Blackpool Tower last week with le boy. I know its nothing special or anything but awwww, it was really cool :) I had candyfloss too :yum:
    having spent a year in that damn place i can vouch for the fact that thats really sad :p
  • Options
    I've been happy from ... Friday about 2 until now.
  • Options
    having spent a year in that damn place i can vouch for the fact that thats really sad :p
    Haha well this was the third time I have ever gone up Blackpool tower in my life.

How can you spend a whole year in the tower?!

Its the fact I was with my boyfriend that made me happy and the fact we did something nice together.
  • Options
    Spending the weekend at 2 Foo Fighters concerts and seeing another of me fave bands supporting.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Haha well this was the third time I have ever gone up Blackpool tower in my life.

How can you spend a whole year in the tower?!

i worked there lol
  • Options
    i worked there lol
    Ahhhhh that explains it then.

Most people would say that visiting the place they worked was sad :rolleyes:
  • Options
    It's a tie between two different moments, for two different reasons. The first was when I got my first offer from a university. There I was, expecting all the places I'd applied for to say get lost, so when I got an unconditional offer, I couldn't believe it. The second was last week, when me and a woman in my life became more than friends. :)
  • Options
    Watching the Simpsons earlier, never gets old.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Watching the Simpsons earlier, never gets old.
    Which episode?
  • Options
    I think I'm creating my own happiness justnow, I'm getting a lot better at deciding what I do and don't want from life.

Just realising that is enough for now. I think the rest just sort of follows.
  • Options
    I had a really happy extended moment on Thursday night/Friday morning. Went to watch the [really fantastic] band my friends play in with my young man friend who had just arrived back from Thailand. They played their own stuff and then did a covers set that I influenced so heavily I'm surprised they got any of their own choices in there... mwa ha ha. Also got loads of free beer, so just when I thought I couldn't get any more ecstatic, the other half and I stopped to go paddling in a lake midway through our walk home. Then just sat there with our feet in the water until 4am chewing the fat and watching the city lights and all the bats fly about above the water. Just one of those random, ridiculous times where I thought I was going to burst with contentment and had to wonder how I'm so, so lucky; but then I am pretty pathetic like that ;)

I had a really happy entire weekend though; all topped off by seeing Jim Noir. Can't get better than fucking great music and great company.. :D
  • Options
    Briggi, that thing with the lake sounds very romantic :heart:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    my young man friend
    :chin:
    briggi wrote:
    great company.. :D
    :D:heart:
  • Options
    Last night, Royal Concert Hall, Joe Satriani, 'Always With Me, Always With You'.

Yup.
  • Options
    Briggi, that thing with the lake sounds very romantic :heart:

Yeah, it was... and it wasn't, if you see what I mean. I hate forced romantic stuff, it was just really nice and calm, no pressure. Just sat there, had a smoke and a chat and only worried a tiny bit about catching some weird disease...

I'm just happy at the moment though, I could probably chill in a big vat of slurry and make the best of it :D
  • Options
    Mine was last saturday when I had a little get together thingy in my new independent-woman place :D My closest friends came by and we ate truly superb tacos which my friends made, with some great wine and a Chilean drink which is heavenly - Pisco Sour. My friends made a toast in my honour to celebrate the new phase in my life :) Was just lovely, I felt so loved and cared for :heart:

I'm so happy :)
  • Options
    Every day is a happy day, a happy moment :D
  • Options
    i was happy when i walked out of work today at the end of a really busy shift

was 4:15am, it was light, the birds were singing, the castle and the cathedral had the sun shining on it, was lovely
  • Options
    Been constantly happy for a few weeks now! combination of good people coming into my life, work easing up, the world cup, the good weather and just lots of good fun days and nights out.

cant complain about anything at the moment really.
  • Options
    Just got reading tickets ... for the normal cost!

I win :D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Smoking. Yesterday.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    Been constantly happy for a few weeks now! combination of good people coming into my life, work easing up, the world cup, the good weather and just lots of good fun days and nights out.

cant complain about anything at the moment really.
    I'll drink to that, pretty much the same story for me :D
  • Options
    The last time I has a massive smile on my face was when I spoke to my fella for a couple of hours on the phone the other night. I've been missing him looooads and he just makes me laugh and cheers me up. I felt well happy when I came off the phone.

I'm hoping my next mega-happy moment will be tonight when England win 7-0. ;)
  • Options
    Buying some shoes in Faith today :D
  • Options
    :flirt:.

That smiley is incredibly self-explanatory!