Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Insulting people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasn't quite sure where to put this. What do you think the reason is for people insulting people in public that they don't know? Is it there own insecurities? Are they intimidated because someone doesn't look like them or is it jealousy. Just wondering what your opinions are on it. For example people telling a Bald guy with glasses he looks like Harry Hill or Moby or someone with Long hair and a beard Jesus.

Comments

• Options
    I wasn't quite sure where to put this. What do you think the reason is for people insulting people in public that they don't know? Is it there own insecurities? Are they intimidated because someone doesn't look like them or is it jealousy. Just wondering what your opinions are on it. For example people telling a Bald guy with glasses he looks like Harry Hill or Moby or someone with Long hair and a beard Jesus.

I'm in the same state as you are. I can't understand why people can't mind their own business and respect other members of the society. On second thought, my indignation towards these people is probably triggered more by the lack of respect in today's streets, than the insults. But that sort of behaviour is just as absurd, imo.
  • Options
    True, I think it's so rude to insult someone that you don't even know. I would never do it to someone. I'll judge people on how the act etc
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well, if (for example) someone doesn't stop at the red light and another car almost crashes into them, of course the reason the driver of the second car insults the driver of the first car was that he stupidly broke the law and almost caused an axxident.

I've never seen anyone insult a random person for no reason, like you seem to be saying.
  • Options
    Well I have, it's happened to me a number of times.
  • Options
    What, like someone looks around, chooses a random person and shouts to them "Hey you. you're a fucking idiot"?
  • Options
    What, like someone looks around, chooses a random person and shouts to them "Hey you. you're a fucking idiot"?

He's kind of describing that in the first post. :p
    For example people telling a Bald guy with glasses he looks like Harry Hill or Moby or someone with Long hair and a beard Jesus.
  • Options

Yeah or tells me I look like a woman, a homosexual or Jesus.
  • Options
    Yeah or tells me I look like a woman, a homosexual or Jesus.
    That's insane, I don't think I've ever seen that happening. Unless the person in question is drunk or looking for a fight, in which case it would be more like "Beat it, shorty, this place is for good-looking people. ... Didn't you hear what I said? Beat it. ... Alright, you asked for it. *punch* "
  • Options
    It's not just guys it's Women too. Middle aged men also, I owned the middle aged guy who insulted me.
  • Options
    Same, I've had people come up to me in the street and call me ugly, I've been called a dyke, stupid, fat, wierd ect...

But at the end of the day, if my appearance offends people then it's their problem, not mine.
  • Options
    Same, I've had people come up to me in the street and call me ugly, I've been called a dyke, stupid, fat, wierd ect...

But at the end of the day, if my appearance offends people then it's their problem, not mine.

Yeah, it just gets a bit boring. Someone proceeded to tell me there life story after they insulted me because I said they were thick.
  • Options
    My fella gets a lot of people shouting "gerra wesh you fucking dirty hippy" but it's pretty difficult to get offended when it's as hilarious as that.

Though I do have friends who have been called awful things when we've been out on the town or even just sitting in the park during the day. They always handle it with total grace and poise, whereas I'd be more inclined to go apeshit :yes:
  • Options
    Now that I think about it, a couple of years ago someone poked my shoulder as I was walking by him and said something that I'm not sure how to translate. In any case, I just kept walking.
    I didn't look at him much, so I'm not sure it was someone I didn't know. It could have been someone I knew from high school (about 90% of them were jerks).
  • Options
    someone with Long hair and a beard Jesus.

and whats wrong with that!
  • Options
    It gets a bit boring hearing it constantly.
  • Options
    The Messiah! Oh I miss monty python :( someone stole my DVDs!

But anyway, its dumb and I dont understand why people do it. There's the 'omg thats weird' factor, I know after I see someone walk down the street who's a bit unusual (12307126301723 different piercings or something) then I double take and might say 'did you see them?' to my friend. But nothing nasty.

Theres some people who live round here who always whisper 'eeeevvviiillll' when I walk past them :confused:
  • Options
    I don't mind it as long as the person giving the shit is willing the take some in return!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I don't mind it as long as the person giving the shit is willing the take some in return!

They never are though.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:

:yes:

or willing to take a smack in the mui!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    ... any of that. or hatred / dislike which i'd say is probably the main reason.
  • Options
    People who do that are complete arseholes.
  • Options
    I was wearing my skirt the other day, and some random girl in the park that I walked past said (really loudly, so that I could hear her) "ewwwwww you can see her ARSE that's DISGUSTING". I just felt like turning round and saying "honey, if you could see my fucking arse, you'd know about it, because I probably get a lot more compliments on mine than you do on yours".

The boy gets called gay a lot as well, probably something to do with the hair. Although it happens a lot when he's walking round topless, holding my hand, so I think that's more a jealousy thing (he has such a pretty body :heart: ).
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    The boy gets called gay a lot as well, probably something to do with the hair. Although it happens a lot when he's walking round topless, holding my hand, so I think that's more a jealousy thing (he has such a pretty body :heart: ).
    Nothing wrong with that, as long as he has a half decent body. Nothing pisses me off more than going down to the beach on a nice sunny day, or indeed walking in the street on a sunny day, and finding loads of ugly, fat, disgustingly hairy men walking round parading their bodies. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against hairy men - I'm pretty hairy myself. But combined with shitloads of fat, it's not a good look. :yuck:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Nothing wrong with that, as long as he has a half decent body. Nothing pisses me off more than going down to the beach on a nice sunny day, or indeed walking in the street on a sunny day, and finding loads of ugly, fat, disgustingly hairy men walking round parading their bodies. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against hairy men - I'm pretty hairy myself. But combined with shitloads of fat, it's not a good look. :yuck:
    Well if they're on the beach there's not much else they could wear.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    but do you say anything to them? or just think it?
  • Options
    Well if they're on the beach there's not much else they could wear.
    I don't mind so much on the beach, it's when they're walking round town that it makes me want to bring up my lunch...
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    but do you say anything to them? or just think it?
    I've been extremely tempted to say something, but so far, I've resisted. Not sure I would tell them, I'd most probably get flattened.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I've been extremely tempted to say something, but so far, I've resisted. Not sure I would tell them, I'd most probably get flattened.
    :lol:
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    :lol:
    All that hair and blubber doesn't bear thinking about.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    All that hair and blubber doesn't bear thinking about.
    :yuck: