Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do you know when its the right time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just what the title says really, how do you know when its the right time to have sex?

Comments

• Options
    If it's for the first time, it will probably happen when you least expect it. If it's the first time in a relationship, the same probably applies.
  • Options
    good question. If it is your very 1st time I'm not sure if you ever know it is the right time all you can do is hope it is the right person. Mine was unexpected but I knew i wanted it to be him. If your well into your relationship then hopefully it is always the right time
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,
    TheSite has an article called Ready for sex which talks about some of factors which may help you decide whether or not you're ready.

We also have Q&A in our askTheSite archive about the same issue which you may find interesting: Ready for bed

Take care ;)
  • Options
    mambo90 wrote:
    Just what the title says really, how do you know when its the right time to have sex?
    if you are seriously thinking about that question. you've probably found the right time. now.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    if you are seriously thinking about that question. you've probably found the right time. now.
    Right now? Not sure the computer keyboard would welcome a shagging myself.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Right now? Not sure the computer keyboard would welcome a shagging myself.
    :lol: well... may be not right this moment... :p
  • Options
    Mm yeah, I'm thinking it at the moment too. And I figure yeah, if I'm thinking about it and it feels like the right person, then why not? I don't think I'll ever be more sure about it so I, personally, am feeling pretty ready.
  • Options
    when you both want it.
  • Options
    here's an article on deciding when is right for your first time - but ultimately the decision is yours and no one can tell you the right answer

http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/sexuality/awareness/amireadyforsex
  • Options
    when you do not have to ask the question 'is it the right time?'
  • Options
    When the guy's dick goes hard. It's quite difficult up until that point.
  • Options
    Yeah it's pretty much when you pitch one. Just listen to the body. It knows what it's doing.