Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Follow up on a previous post. Please help me once more!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone!

Ok, a little while back I posted on how my friend was basically all over my other friend who had a bf already. Well, it really hit the fan now.

All of a sudden, my friend pops up on aim, and tells me he and my friend went to a secluded place and made out and talked for 4-5 hours. Shocked, I asked if she had broken up with her bf, and he said yes, last night.

Am I the only one who finds something horrifically wrong with this? He told me he doesn't want to start a relationship immediately with her, as that would be wrong, but it sure looks to me like he is doing the exact opposite of his intentions. Is there anything I can possibly do, because I sense something really bad is going to happen. Or should I just stay in the background, and wait to sweep up the floor when the glass comes crashing down? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    just because they made out for a while doesn't mean they will be in a relationship. But i can see how you be taken aback by this. Have you thought about washing your hands of the entire thing? Telling them both that you'll have no part in whatever it is they decide to do (good or bad). That can be diffcult if they want to spend time together but it will spare you from being blamed if things get bad between them
  • Options
    Hmm, it *does* seem wrong. But then the best things can come out of the strangest/most wrong situations, so you never know.

If I were you, I would give your opinion/advice when they ask, but try not to interfere, as hard as it'll be to resist, especially if you can see them going down a really bad path. And if they want your opinion, I'd focus on how unfair it must be on the ex-boyfriend, to sorta have his girlfriend snatching from under his feet rather than how wrong they're being or whatever.

But like I say, you never know, it could turn out to be good. Stay out of it as much as you can, but offer advice if they come to you and be there to pick up the pieces. That's what the best of all friends do.
  • Options
    Don't mean to sound rude or anything, but what exactly has this got to do with you?
  • Options
    Yea, but they flirted for weeks before this. And apparently, they both told me in different ways how this was how they "always" were. (Examples: Him giving her extensive backrubs, her clinging on him, ect.)

I guess it really isn't any of my business, but I have known both of them for 7 years. I honestly hope I know them well enough to know something is wrong...