Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"Feminised" lessons, system failing the boys

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you read what i wrote, less would be formally examined for a student, only the core ones and maybe 2/3 of students choice, the rest of classes they would do still but they will just recieve a semi-detailed teachers report, mainly just so future reference recievers can find out what their attitude was like

I'm just not sure your proposal would actually work, if kids knew there wasnt any exams and that it was one of the lesser subjects would they work?

We need broad spectrum lessons right up until you go to university I think, including things like day-to-day finances, employment law, health etc.
  • Options
    I think the whole article is negated by the fact that it appeared in the Daily Mail. Do they seriously report on nothing else apart from sensationalist nonsense?
  • Options
    I think the whole article is negated by the fact that it appeared in the Daily Mail. Do they seriously report on nothing else apart from sensationalist nonsense?
    Quite a few papers reported this story in the days after, it was merely that the Mail was the one who featured it first.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Which is entirely a good thing, it (hoepfully) instills a good general knowledge base.
    not really, i found it too much