Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dubplate Drama - Breaking up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This week we are interested to draw from experiences people may have had during the final days and eventual break up of a first love / long term relationship.

Dionne and Melvin have been together for almost three years now, though the last year of their relationship has seen Dionne rapidly growing out of what was her first relationship. Melvin is more obsessed with Dionne than ever, despite the fact that she is no longer comfortable being intimate with him. He sees a long future with her and has actively ignored her dissatisfaction with their relationship, accounting it to ‘other troubles’ she is going through. As our second series kicks into gear, Dionne meets someone new and decides to permenantly split up with Melvin.

We are really looking for peoples stories from both characters perepectives.

Did you grow out of a relationship while your partner didn’t?

Did the news that your relationship was over come as a shock to you? How did it feel?

Have you ever been in a relationship that continued way past it’s sell by date? Why?

What is the most memorable break-up scenario you have experienced?

How should Melvin react to the news?

Should Dionne eventually realise after a break, that she does care for and miss Melvin?

Thanks again

www.dubplatedrama.tv
www.myspace.com/dubplatedrama

Comments

• Options
    you have permission to post this from a mod?
  • Options
    you have permission to post this from a mod?

Yes
  • Options
    Yep this is our continuation of our work with dubplate to form and affect the development of the plot line for their second series.
  • Options
    Breaking Up

I saw the show so it's easier for me to say, but in a way isn't this just what always happens in relationships, not to be pessimistic, but it's the minority that are made to last..

Most people start to take each otehr for granted fairly early on, and the smart ones get out then, or address it, the rest of us let it drag on, nervous to upset the other, beccause things are to close to grief anyway.. not bothering to make the effort thats required to keep us both interested and before you know it... well.. nobodys attracted to someone they spend most of their time togetehr with in front of the TV eating their pyjama's are they!?

I read that 35% of the majority of UK couples time together is spent in front of the TV, I know you're talking about a TV show, but that's got to be wrong, hasn't it... a little less TV and a little more reality is what we all need, rather than more reality TV.. !

but if th epoint of th eshow is to try to share expereinces to help people, my advice would be never let a relationship run more than 6 weeks unless you can be confident that it's going somewhere and you are BOTH interested in being TOGETHER long term.. and renember it's OK if your not, what's not OK is pretending you are when really you just want, comfort, security or sex..

so basically if there having those kind of issues, they should can it quickly.