Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Now I feel vulnerable

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I told my boyfriend of six months that I love him. He said "thanks". I can't help but feel extremely vulnerable now I've gone and worn my heart on my sleeve.

I know he cares about me a lot and that I mean a great deal to him because he is always saying it to me. But now I just feel like I feel more strongly than him about this relationship.

I can't help but feel distant from him now. It isn't intentional, it's just my natural reaction.

This is the first time I've said this to a boyfriend and it was hard for me to say. I don't know, maybe it's harder for him to fall in love because he has been really hurt by an ex in the past?

Don't know what the point of this is really. Just wanted some friendly advice or something.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well yeah that is hard and I'm sure it hurts. But it may not be that he doesn't love you just he isn't ready or sure how to express it. Don't become distant or pull away from him because you put yourself out there and it didn't go as planned because remember you have been together for six months for a reaosn. I would suggest contuine in your relationship be there for him like always and give him some time to open up on his own if you think it is becoming or has become an issue you could try to discuss it with him. but it takes everyone time to open up esp. to that stage and if he has been hurt before he may not want to take that cahnce again... but just give him so more time. Assuming of course the feelings are there