Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The one after the one

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
/

Comments

• Options
    Maybe you are trying to jump into another relationship too soon? It takes people varying amounts of time to be able to start a new relationship. But, I agree with your friends. I wouldnt write him off immediately unless you are sure of it. My guess is that you probably just need time to have fun rather than anything serious at the moment. You could just enjoy it for what it is or simply give yourself more space to explore other things rather than potential partners. Its taken me about one year to get over my ex of 2 years. Since then I have had a lot of fun with a variety of people, but I never go around expecting to meet someone for something deadly serious. I just take things as they come and see what happens...Hope you feel better about the situation soon! Takes time... :)
  • Options
    just keep it on the friend level for a while and give whatever feelings you may have time to grow rather than jumping into anything
  • Options
    it sounds to me like your REALLY not ready yet.
  • Options
    it sounds to me like your REALLY not ready yet.

Have to agree with that.

As for getting over your ex, you have to try and keep the chin up, and spend time with your mates. Maybe your mates don't really understand how hard you find it to get over your ex, maybe have a big chat about it with them?

Only you know how you really feel, and I think there's danger of this guy becoming a rebound - but you've managed to stop yourself and you're thinking about what you're doing. That's something not everybody in your shoes has the presence of mind to do, pretty good sign IMO.

Hang in there.