Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

football haters of the world unite!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I love the irony. THe football haters thread... jacked! :lol:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fair play yorghos...if you don't like it then that's alrite but you'll never understand why winning or losing a game is so emotional to people. I'm sure you have a hobby that you are passionate about and a lot of people couldn't give too fucks about but to you it means a lot, that's what football is.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    turlough wrote:
    Fair play yorghos...if you don't like it then that's alrite but you'll never understand why winning or losing a game is so emotional to people. I'm sure you have a hobby that you are passionate about and a lot of people couldn't give too fucks about but to you it means a lot, that's what football is.

It can be quite emotional when I start watching it... once we get quite far... especially with a load of mates and you all get really into it.

I only ever watch the World Cup games though.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:
    I understand why people like it, even if I don't. And of course I have hobbies of my own.
    But I wouldn't throw a party or start honking and singing loudly in the streets because something good happened concerning it.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I love the irony. THe football haters thread... jacked! :lol:
    :lol: i see my sons talking non friggin stop yadda yadda football ...doing the moves with a pint in there hand.
    everyone talking and screaming ...if there was a drug that did that you can bet i'd have found it but no.
    what a buzz ...and it's a fucking mystery to me!
  • Options
    everyone talking and screaming ...if there was a drug that did that you can bet i'd have found it but no.

You have found it...it's called alcohol!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    You have found it...it's called alcohol!
    are you saying supporting a team is the same as getting pissed ...and you can still drive home!
  • Options
    are you saying supporting a team is the same as getting pissed

Nope but doing them at the same time is a buzz on it's own.
  • Options
    Football is so much more than a game. If you ever watch some of those 'football stories' documentaries, you'd be amazed at how much football has done for some countries. Earlier they were talking about Italy and how their 1982 world cup win united the nation with national pride, and joy not seen since the end of the war in 1946. Similar things happened in Argentina. Look at how countries like Brazil have defined themselves on the world stage through football. Even for smaller countries like Angola, qualifying for the world cup is enough to restore a nation's pride.
  • Options
    i dont get it tho, i really dont

How is a load of sweaty men kicking a ball about even remotely interesting?
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:

Actually sit down and watch someone like Brazil play and find out.

Have you ever watched a 3-3 draw after Extra Time with a match having to go to penalties...the tension...the excitement. I think someone with your view is never going to get converted though so theres probably no point me even trying.
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:

You can strip absolutely anything down to that level though.

How is watching some man on TV speak words interesting? How is listening to some hairy guy plucking guitar strings with his fingers interesting? How is sticking your coc...you get the picture.

Tbh I think guys who don't like football aren't to be trusted.