Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

untrustworthy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, im one of those people who is always confused and indecisive (im not dizzy, just indecisive and stuff) ...i always end up saying something on the spur of the moment or in conversation and end up changing my mind about it a day or a week or whatever later...thing is, it has really started to affect my relationship with one person. they have begun to lose trust in what i say...id really like to do something about this but i dont know how -- that's where you guys come in :wave: any help on how i could "stick to my word" better is much appreciated!! thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    it is easy to go back on things that aren't imporant to you. Maybe you should find something you care about deeply and then you won't have a problem forming a solid postion on the issue.... tho to a ceritan extent everyone should be able to change there mind..things happen and you must be able to adjust
  • Options
    let this person know that you have a tendancy to blurt out what you feel at any particular time and that is always subject to change, although say it with a little more tact!

Also, before you say things that people could look into, make sure you really mean it in terms of the future too. Of course you cant predict how you'll feel in the future but think realistically, is it likely to change and could you go back on your word?
  • Options
    Dude be truthfull to yourself. be completely honest in what you are doing even if you know the truthful option is going to hurt like fuck. i have been through it myself ALOT and you dont want to hurt the other person but like the old saying goes 'cruel to be kind'

Thats if you want to end the relationship obv.

In Other situations like i said just be truthful in what you want to do, they arent going to love you less if your honest (Probably more because your open). My last GF loved me cus i was so honest and never lied to her and she knew that so it made her feel VERY secure knowing i wasnt pulling a fast one or anything. just be honest and you will have alot more respect and honesty.