Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Surviving the In-Laws

Ok, so I'm at Mr. Moon's family home this weekend. I'm not overly comfortable being here at any time, I only come because he likes me to keep him company. So anyway, today I get here and find out that tomorrow they are having a party, and almost the whole family (all thirty something of them) are coming. It starts at 1pm (in time for the football, which I don't really want to watch) and will most likely go on until the small hours.

So any tips for surviving tomorrow? Or offers to rescue me from Kent?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just grin and bear it. It'll be over before you know it. Think happy thoughts.

If you get bored can't you just say you need some fresh air and go sit in the garden and drink yummy drinks or something?
  • Options
    yeh just smile sweetly and pretend your senjoying yoursefl
  • Options
    Kent's a wonderful county. Cherish your time there. ;)

As for the party, pretend to love football, shout out "Oooh", "Aaaah", "RefeREE!!" and "Dive!" at regular intervals and you'll be fine.

If in doubt, have another beer.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    Alcohol and lots of it.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Glittery wrote:
    Alcohol and lots of it.
    :yes:

This is how I once survived a big family get together with *all* of the boys family. I was stupidly nervous but it was better than anticipated as I had lots of wine.

Unfortunately, it is one of those "grin and bear it" situations as if you don't go you will cause offence.

Good luck with it all :)