Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shaved legs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else not shave their legs unless they are going to show them off? Unless I'm going to wear a skirt or cropped trousers I don't shave them mainly because I don't see the point. My armpits are always shaved regardless of what I'm wearing though.

Comments

• Options
    I shave neither my legs nor my armpits.
  • Options
    Kentish that's gross you really should :p
  • Options
    i do it regardless

for me. i like the feeling better.
  • Options
    Kentish that's gross you really should :p
    Well, I would if I wore a skirt I suppose, or a vest top. :yes:
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Well, I would if I wore a skirt I suppose, or a vest top. :yes:

:lol:

I tend to shave mine regardless. And if I only shaved my armpits if I was wearing a verst top, I'd never shave them :yuck: ditto(ish) for legs as well.
  • Options
    So just at the weekends when you are Ivanna?
  • Options
    I generally shave all year round, but im probably more thorough about it in the summer and do it more often.
  • Options
    I shave when I feel like it. I must shave wrong, because it takes me like 20 minutes to shave the legs. :\ I don't have that kind of time :p The only times my legs show are at the gym, and I don't really care who sees me with mammoth legs there, theres plenty of other characters to look at.

My armpits I shave every other day. Every day and they itch. It only takes a second.

Though I am guanateed to shave the legs about once a week... they get real itchy when it gets real long :p
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    i do it regardless

for me. i like the feeling better.
    me too, the stubble feeling annoys me
  • Options
    i always shave if i'm showing any of my legs off but if i'm not i might be inclined not to waste the shaving foam. not to say i let myself get really hairy or anything!
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    me too, the stubble feeling annoys me

I hate that as well. My hairs tends to grow back rather quickly, so I tend to shave at least once a week, else I become really itchy.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I hate that as well. My hairs tends to grow back rather quickly, so I tend to shave at least once a week, else I become really itchy.

Me too. Anybody else suffer from the 5oclock shadow... on your legs :p:o
  • Options
    I do it when I can be bothered, I did it tonight as it happens. I love the feeling of just shaved legs in fresh bedding, does that make me weird?!
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    once a week!
    mine need doing every 2 days.
  • Options
    once a week!
    mine need doing every 2 days.

Sometimes more if I need to. Now I've started shaving ust after a shower - meaning I end up shaving up to 3 times a week...
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    I do it when I can be bothered, I did it tonight as it happens. I love the feeling of just shaved legs in fresh bedding, does that make me weird?!
    Noo you are not weird, that is a great feeling. So smoothy smooth :heart:
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

No - not at all i love it :p

I shave whenever I feel like it or when they're actually gonna be seen.. Which isn't all that often really.. Maybe once a month. :p

Haha - thats sounds bad!
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

no i love being freshly showered and having new bedsheets on. :D:heart:
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:

Nope. I love that too.

I usually do my legs every 2 days if not every day, because I live in skirts. In the winter I did it a lot less, because I wore black opaque tights, so they were never on show.

Underarms I do either daily or 2 days, depending on what I wear.
  • Options
    i hate having to shave underarm, it annoys me so much. grr! have to do it every day or every other day.

same as men having to shave their faces though i guess.
  • Options
    I do underarms about 2/3 times a wekk and the rest between every two days to once a week depending on what time of year it is. Half the time I honestly cant be arsed to do it.
  • Options
    I shave them every time i have a shower cos i wear skirts quite a lot. But in winter i only do it for "specal occasions!"

me and my mate were tlkin about this this morning cos her bf was goin round that night and she sed she shaved her lgs yesterday so the hair was too short to shave, but was prickly......i disagree, you can shave howeva short you hair is right?
  • Options
    no i love being freshly showered and having new bedsheets on. :D:heart:
    I have fresh bedding, fresh legs and freshly showered body to look forward to tonight :hyper:
  • Options
    course you can. your friend is obviously mad.
  • Options
    You can't wax if your hair is too short, but SCC is right, your friend is obviously mad :p
  • Options
    I shave my legs when either it gets annoyingly long, I'm wearing a skirt, or I'm seeing the boy (in which case I shave EVERYTHING). I shave my armpits every two days, sometimes every day if necessary. It's so annoying :(.

What makes it even more annoying is that the boy doesn't NEED to shave, I don't know why. The only hair on his body he looks after is the stuff on his head. He doesn't even TRIM down there (but he got all funny with me for not having bothered to do my bikini line when I was wearing a LONG skirt, the twunt). *hateshimrightnow*.
  • Options
    When I was single I kept everything hair free just incase I got some nookie. But now I'm in a long distance relationship so if we are apart and nobody is going to see them then I don't bother. I had them waxed this week for the first time since September! But my pits are always hair free.
  • Options
    I shave my legs when I can be bothered. Can be every other day, or I can go weeks/months without bothering. Just depends how lazy I feel.

I shave my armpits every other day though. More people are likely to spot some armpit stubble than they are leg stubble.
  • Options
    I shave my legs when I can be bothered. Can be every other day, or I can go weeks/months without bothering. Just depends how lazy I feel.

I shave my armpits every other day though. More people are likely to spot some armpit stubble than they are leg stubble.

:yes:

same.

also my leg hair is blonde, so far less offensive than pit hair, even if there's a bit of a regrowth issue. i do it loads in the summer, but have been known to cultivate quite the leg rug in winter months.
  • Options
    I only shave my legs very occasionally, mainly because they don't get that hairy anyway. After about a week and a half, I only have about 2-3mm growth.

I hate shaving my armpits, but I do it whenever I'm wearing a nice top, as I don't want to look pikey. I've never let the hair grow so far it's curled before.