Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Paranoia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im a regular posting under an alias so please if anyone works out who i am please please keep it to your self.

Basically a few years ago i was treated for depression and anxiety issues and now im scared that im slipping back to my old self. Im ridiculously paranoid about everything, i think people are out to get me all the time, if someone looks my way i convince myself that they're going to do something to me. I live next to a bus stop where the local chavs hang around, most of the time they arent doing anything wrong other than making the place look untidy but i get it into my head that they're hanging around there so they can watch me and do stuff to me/my parents car/house. I know im being totally irrational but i cant help it.

My relationship is also struggling at the moment but that's a hole other problem.

Can anyone offer me any advice before i drive myself crazy with these thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    You're describing symptoms of anxiety really.

What help did you receive last time around?
    Do you have access to a counsellor or sympathetic GP?

This NHS site has some useful self-help leaflets which might be of interest.
  • Options
    You're not on drugs are you? Cannabis, for example, can heighten anxiety in some people.

With anxiety, your body can release andrenalin and if you are doing nothing about burning it up (e.g. exercise), it can make you feel even more anxious - and then you release more andrenalin ... so it becomes a vicious circle.

But you need to see your doc. As good 'advice gurus' some of us may be, you need to get a professional to help you. Good luck! *hugs* :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks for the replys.
    Kentish wrote:
    You're describing symptoms of anxiety really.

What help did you receive last time around?
    Do you have access to a counsellor or sympathetic GP?

This NHS site has some useful self-help leaflets which might be of interest.
    Last time i was on quite a high dosage of citalpram and that seemed to help but people werent happy with me taking meds so i reluctantnly stopped them. I didnt get counselling or anything and as for a sympathetic doctor, not at all. Thanks for those leaflets though, they were an interesting read.
    Teagan wrote:
    You're not on drugs are you? Cannabis, for example, can heighten anxiety in some people.

With anxiety, your body can release andrenalin and if you are doing nothing about burning it up (e.g. exercise), it can make you feel even more anxious - and then you release more andrenalin ... so it becomes a vicious circle.

But you need to see your doc. As good 'advice gurus' some of us may be, you need to get a professional to help you. Good luck! *hugs* :thumb:
    Ive never touched drugs no. Excercise would probably be a good idea but then ive got the hole other problem of being self consious, i cant win.

Monday morning im going to get a doctors appointment.
  • Options
    Rolly...is that you? ;)