Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can going to the toilet soon after sex affect you getting pregnant?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blairx0 wrote:
    very true... very true indeed. But I wouldn't count on squatting to lower my risk i will stick to birth control
    Exactly. if youre talking about avoiding pregnancy, then thats different. We are talking about INCREASING chances of pregnancy. Not everything in life works in opposites. lying with your knees bent and keeping the semen inside wont necessarily actually get you pregnant, same as letting it all come out, wont necessarily stop you getting pregnant.
    When someone is desperate for a baby though, there are certain things you can try to increase chances, thats all im saying. Im not saying that doing the opposite acts as an effective contraceptive.
    Do you understand me now?
  • Options
    I understood that before. But to me if someone says this will increase your chance the inverse must decrease your chances. Logically speaking by assert one you must assert the other. This said other is what I have been disagreeing with. Too me if your saying one you must say the other
  • Options
    Yes probably, logically, that does not mean, and has never meant, and has not been asserted by any one here that going to the toilet after sex means you're safe from getting pregnant, because we all know that's BS.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Yes probably, logically, that does not mean, and has never meant, and has not been asserted by any one here that going to the toilet after sex means you're safe from getting pregnant, because we all know that's BS.

Yes i know. I just think to say not expelling sperm can increase my chances of getting preg. Then by default you are saying expelling sperm can decrease your chances... just seems like in roder for one to be true the other must. But whichever I wouldn't put mother on either claim...
  • Options
    Blairx0 wrote:
    Yes i know. I just think to say not expelling sperm can increase my chances of getting preg. Then by default you are saying expelling sperm can decrease your chances...

It DOES decrease your chances. It doesn't decrease them to nil, and no one has claimed it does, it decreases them to a tiny bit less likely.

it's just that when someone is desperate for a baby, that tiny bit makes all the difference.
  • Options
    i guess...