Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Oh NO, I HURT MYSELF

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh NO, I HURT MYSELF

Hi,

about 2 1/2 week ago, i was lifting weight, something i normally never do. SO on saturday i picked up a 30lbs weight, (keep in mind i am only 140 lbs heavy) so i was lifting it, up, down, any possible position. It felt good. I did it again on Sunday. Everything was ok, and i felt good.

I woke up on monday morning with a neck pain on the left side, i could move my head to that side but i feel pain like a needle pin there i didn't do much i just ignore it, then 4days later still feeling it and headache on the botton back of my head, like i am having a migraine. So i started using ice and heat pad and bengay. I am feeling ok, i can move, go to work. But i am concerned with the headache (sort of a migraine) and the pain on the neck and something weirdness in the left upper arm. What could it be a strain/sprain, what do i do.

I already went to the ER, they only gave me Motrin, but really it doesn't help much. When i move my head to that side i feel the pain. What do i do, i am scare of the headache thing, it is not excrutiating pain but i can feel it. i should have known better to lift weight.

what do i do now? would it go away after a while? Could it be something else? i get paranoid on the little thing.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a funny thing for lifting a weight to have done. What exactly were you doing with it?

I'd go see a doctor.
  • Options
    its probably because you were'nt used to lifting. most people get that if theyve pushed themselves hard at the gym when theyre not used to it, it normally goes away after a couple of days though. sounds to me like you might have pulled something, make an apointment with the docs and see what they tell you!
  • Options
    Hurting your neck/shoulders etc can cause terrible headaches. I know i often pull muscles in my shoulder blades. Doctor advised me to take ibuprofen regularly for a few days to make sure you still keep using it.
  • Options
    i am not used to lifting weight. I just don't kno what got into me to do so. I pushed myself hard i guess the male ego. Now i am regretting it because of the pain. I already went to the Emergency room and they only game me motrin last sunday, but i just don't feel it being anydifferent