Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone regretted waiting?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    haha. mine wasnt that awkward/nerve racking. maybe i was just too horny ;)

to answer the question, no i dont regret waiting. I only waited till I was 18 though. And actually I dont think its considered 'waiting" because It just happened naturally. it wasnt like i planned it and then postponed it and had to wait for it to come.
    I think that's where the nerve-racking bit comes in, if it's all planned in advance and built up (which is why I'm kinda asking this question). I'm kinda similar to you, in that it just happened. I didn't have an opportunity to get too nervous, because I was expecting her to go home after we left the club, but I invited her in and it just happened from there. I assume it doesn't count as waiting if you just take the opportunity with the first person who you actually like, rather than the first person that offers it to you.
  • Options
    I was 18 and am glad I waited, and really liked the guy as well.
  • Options
    I was 20 when I lost it. I waited until I was with someone that I cared about and who cared about me. It has been 2 years, I am still with the guy, we've been engaged for a year and I love him a lot. So no I don't regret waiting.
  • Options
    At the end of the day, I don't think it's one of these things you can really plan.
  • Options
    I was 20, I definitely don't regret waiting. I lost it with a good woman, and I quite enjoyed it!
  • Options
    I never planned to wait til I met 'the one' or whatever but I didn't want it to be completely meaningless.

There were a couple of people I nearly lost it to but the time never felt quite right. I ended up losing it when I was 18 and I don't regret it at all. We were together for six months and he turned out to be a bit of a wanker, but it was the right time.

If I'd waited much longer then I think it would've meant I was disappointed, cos at the end of the day it really isn't that special - losing it is a big deal, if you think of it that way, but the actual act itself is just, y'know, blah. Now it's just.. I don't feel like sex has that huge pressure any more, I can enjoy it for what it is rather than some huge significant thing.