Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

need to express myself better

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A follow on from my previous thread basically...

I've come to the realisation that i need to express myself better. My bf is always telling me he loves me and that i'm beautiful ect - i've asked him not to say it so often because i don't want it to lose the meaning.
I've never been a very lovey-dovey affectionate person. I suppose that's just how i am. My bf and i went out for a brief period back in 2004 when i was 14 and he was 18, it ended basically because he didn't feel mature enough. I was absolutly gutted and it took me months to get back on track. I never really got over him. We had a year apart where we both grew up alot and eventually got back together. But during that time, i became more solid and closed myself off more.
I feel it's a bit one sided because he's always showering me in affection and i've asked him to cut back because it is abit much - i really do love him but i find it hard to show it. How can i begin to express myself better?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you don't need to tell someone you love them all the time for them to know it. your bf must know you love him. if you're not a naturally affectionate person then don't fight it, i'm sure your bf understands. you can show your feelings in other ways than verbally. and i don't mean sex. :p