Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bad neighbour advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
help me i dont know what to do my neighbours are really annoying the put the music on really loud everyday till 11 night ,weve spoken to them but they dont really give a sh*t,and its really annyoing cauz its making our house vibrate
i really want to complain !! but i dont know where to go?
anyone whos been through a smiliar situation give me some advices i dont know what to do!!
thank you

Comments

• Options
    ANTS ...
    dig up an ants nest and post it through their letter box.
  • Options
    make a huuuuuge electromagnet, and charge it next to the wall where their stereo is and break it

or you coud phone the coucil and ask them about laws on sound pollution...
  • Options
    Go to the CAB?
  • Options
    get up at 4am to start some DIY on the wall which adjoins the two houses, preferably in the bedroom area and involving large hammers.
  • Options
    http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/noise/neighbour.htm

Ring the police? (Non emergency line o/c). They have powers to take away sound equipment from people who don't listen.

Do you live in a terraced house? Surely the neighbours next door to them (if any) must be pissed off as well. Tried speaking to them?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi ya MattMatt,

Have a look at this askTheSite Q&A about how to deal with noisy neighbours - should point you in the right direction.

Good luck ;)
  • Options
    MattMatt wrote:
    help me i dont know what to do my neighbours are really annoying the put the music on really loud everyday till 11 night ,weve spoken to them but they dont really give a sh*t,and its really annyoing cauz its making our house vibrate
    i really want to complain !! but i dont know where to go?
    anyone whos been through a smiliar situation give me some advices i dont know what to do!!
    thank you
    know exactly where you are coming from with that one.
    though i would ask if you are a student or not?
    legally, its no noise from 11pm-7am - thats the law.
    for the record though i do sympathize with you and i have no idea why people can be so selfish as to force other to listen to their noise, or why they need to listen to really loud music at all - its pathetic - simple as that.
    you could go to the police / a mediation service / environmental health / neighbourhood watch / a hitman ~ all of which could help you solve the problem.
  • Options
    while its always the most amusing way to solve things

never, i repeat never stoop down to their level, cause karma has a nice way of biting you back and making it so you are the one who gets deep in the shit, and the origional problem is still there, and you cant really do sod all about it
  • Options
    I used to live in a flat right next door to a pub. So yes you expect some noise. HOWEVER the landlord re arranged his pub and moved all the noise to right next to our flat and things in the flat shaked. It way WAY over the allowed limit and went on for months and i knew the landlord was a shit and wouldn't do anything about it. So i spoke to the police who told me that they don't deal with that anymore and to get in contact with the environmental health section of the council which i did.
    They could actually hear the music very clearly over the phone so they came out that night and did an assessment. To which they said it was way over the limit allowed, but said they couldn't do anything for just one time, so they said next time it happens to call them again and they would come out again.
    They did this and again things in our bathroom were shaking it was so loud, until like 2.30am.
    That was all they needed and they looked into it.
    The next thing i know was the landlord had had to close his newly put in resturant (to which he didn't apply for planning permission) and move it all back over.
    I was really glad that he got shafted tbh he was a horrible bloke who thought he owned the street.
    He never knew it was us who complained. He did confront me one time and i said i didn't knwo and left it at that as he was likely to smash my car up etc.
    I'm so glad i no longer live in that part of town!

So to cut it short, contact the council.
  • Options
    Or twat the fucker ;)

Seriously, do things legally and you will get mucho support. Do something illegal and you'll be in court.