Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Argh help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My cousin is getting married shortly (quick arranged one) and has asked me and my sister to go HOWEVER the invites are just for me and her and no one else as they need to keep the numbers down.
How do i tell/ask Chris without him getting offended? I feel really awkward but i know its nothing personal.

It's already gonna be hard as i HATE his mum (for what she did to my mum when my dad died) so it already means i will have to be polite to her even though i don't like her.
Gah

Comments

• Options
    What's his mum got to do with it?

Just tell him that it's a numbers thing and nothing personal, I don't really see the problem.
  • Options
    Just explain it to him, I am sure he will understand.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    What's his mum got to do with it?

Just saying it's already gonna be a pain with her there without having to stress if Chris will get offended.

Just wondered if anyone had a nice way of putting it thats all.
  • Options
    Best way is just to explain the situation nothing more you can do.
  • Options
    Tweety, you're the only one on here who'll know the best way to tell him. Seriously, unless he's beating you up I can't think why it's so hard to just tell him the truth.
  • Options
    yeah just tell him the truth and if he is offended then hes offended by them, not you. Tell him youre pissed off about it too, and if its a real problem, then dont go maybe.
  • Options
    The situation is beyond your control, so I don't see why you can't just tell him.
  • Options
    yeah thanks people :rolleyes: just because you don't understand doesn't make it any less of a problem.
    I forgot this place was just to be moaned at instead of giving helpful advice.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    yeah thanks people :rolleyes: just because you don't understand doesn't make it any less of a problem.

To be fair there's not much anyone can say. Only you will know what he will respond to and what he won't. Most of the suggestions here would be just to tell him what you have been told, that seems reasonable to me.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:

I think nearly everyone did offer you advice.

I can't see why he'd be bothered though? Just tell him exactly the reason why he can't go. It's a perfectly good reason in my opinion.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nobody moaned. However, people will be less likely to offer advice again if you react like this.

If it's going to be a problem that Chris can't go, and you don't really want to go anyway then I'd suggest that you politely decline the invitation.

Was waiting for you to have your say.
    I would like to go and see him get married, i just don't want the upset. THere are reasons he might be upset which don't wish to go into.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Was waiting for you to have your say.
    I would like to go and see him get married, i just don't want the upset. THere are reasons he might be upset which don't wish to go into.

If you can't tell us the full story then we can't help you!

We aren't to know there are other reasons are we?
  • Options
    Just forget it i wish ihadnt bothered
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Just forget it i wish ihadnt bothered

People are only trying to help. Theres no reason to get funny about it.
  • Options
    I'm not getting funny. I just no longer want comments on this as people obviously think i was stupid to ask and its just a simple case of telling him. Well it's not so i will go work it out for myself.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I'm not getting funny. I just no longer want comments on this as people obviously think i was stupid to ask and its just a simple case of telling him. Well it's not so i will go work it out for myself.

Well we aren't to know it's not as simple as that are we. Not mind readers.

And i think your taking this thread slightly too much to heart. No one said you were stupid, people were just trying to help.
  • Options
    Just leave it please
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    Just leave it please

Whatever :rolleyes:
  • Options
    All i want is for you to stop going on about it. So we don't agree, so what? Don't offer anymore advise. If i could delete this thread i would.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    All i want is for you to stop going on about it. So we don't agree, so what? Don't offer anymore advise. If i could delete this thread i would.

Nah your right i ain't offering anymore advice. I'd rather offer advice to someone that actually wanted to listen, not someone that just wanted to moan.
  • Options
    You can't do it can you? :mad:
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    You can't do it can you? :mad:

Oh fuck off.
  • Options
    Very mature. You are obviously someone who hs to have the last word so feel free, i won't be bothering anymore.
  • Options
    Oh good God. If you want this to sink, just stop replying!
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Oh good God. If you want this to sink, just stop replying!

*bump* heehee
  • Options
    *bump* heehee
    :lol: sorry, i have a bad sense of humour :blush:
  • Options
    I read the first thread and figured that Chris was Tweety's boyfriend, and she was looking for a way to tell him that he couldn't come.

I wonder just how often I miss the point entirely, and don't even notice :).

Tweety - lighten up. You came on here asking for advice and you got it. Even though it wasn't what you wanted to hear, it was all you were able to get from the information you gave in your post. If you are only able to give 10% of the real information, then people will give you advice that is less than 10% applicable.

I think Lacy and Tweet should stop bitching and be having a group hug. :)
  • Options
    if my partner wasnt invited I wouldnt go tbh. I think its mean your cousin has put you in this position.
  • Options
    if my partner wasnt invited I wouldnt go tbh.
    Why not?