Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

non static and shiny hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are the best products around to stop my long hair going static and also to stop flyaways and make it really shiny! Im in need of the perfect product!

Comments

• Options
    Cold water :thumb: Run your hair and head under the cold tap after rinsing out the conditioner. Take a deep breath and just shove your head in the coldest water possible. Works a treat. I do it everytime I wash my hair and it's always shiny and non staticy.
  • Options
    Cold water :thumb: Run your hair and head under the cold tap after rinsing out the conditioner. Take a deep breath and just shove your head in the coldest water possible. Works a treat. I do it everytime I wash my hair and it's always shiny and non staticy.
    I do that and it's great.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I do that and it's great.
    I do it too but sometimes my hair is staticy, I have tried various serums and I can say that since using John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum it hasn't been staticy, others haven't helped. I use Lee Stafford Shine Spray too - smells lush too!
  • Options
    Frizz Ease Secret Agent (in a silver tub) is great, I put it through my hair after blow drying/straightening and it sorts it out a treat!
  • Options
    try various pomades or frizz controls
  • Options
    I use FCUK hair shine spray. It's got grape seed oil in it and smells great. I only use two sprays of it at a time and I have really long hair. It was part of a gift set so I'm not sure how much it costs but it goes a long way.
  • Options
    I agree with the cold water .... have you tried some real lemon juice... works a treat on mine.... and sooooo much cheaper than hair serums etc....

hth
    take care
    Heather
  • Options
    I have a 'Head Jog' brush and its really good at stopping my hair going static.
  • Options
    Cold water :thumb:

yeah ive tried that too......i got a bottle of stuff from my neighbour (she is my hairdresser and comes round to cut my hair) and works pretty well for frizz and shine, it is K-PAK styling protect and shine serum...you could try that - but i think its pretty pricey without hairdressers discount....

or frizz ease?