Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guns 'n' Roses Tour

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Yeah, so Axel Rose and his hired stooges are touring Britain. The only vaguely tempting thing about the gigs is that Ron Thal (Bumblefoot) is on guitar. Anyway, the dates:

London Hammersmith Apollo (June 7)
Download Festival (11)
Sheffield Hallam FM Arena (July 1)
Newcastle Metro Radio Arena (19)
Glasgow SECC (21)
Manchester MEN Arena (23)
Birmingham NEC (25)
Nottingham Arena (27)
London Wembley Arena (30)

Tickets on sale Friday the 2nd of June at 9am.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Id love to see them

My question though is, whens the new album out surely it has to come before the tour.

Do you think that they'll be playing mainly new songs which people prob wont know or classics?
  • Options
    There's a load of their new stuff floating around the net, leaked of course. Can't say I was too impressed with it all when I heard it.
    Infinite wrote:
    The only vaguely tempting thing about the gigs is that Ron Thal (Bumblefoot) is on guitar.
    What's he done that's worth listening to? And is he worthy of replacing that greasy box of a guitarist?
  • Options
    its isnt GNR but i saw them in 2002 and they put on a damn good show i must say, although dont hold your breath for the new material being up to much.
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    What's he done that's worth listening to? And is he worthy of replacing that greasy box of a guitarist?

I'd try and get my hands on a song called 'Guitars Suck!'. Technically he's every bit as good as Buckethead but he's a far more entertaining guy. Bit more accesible musically too.
  • Options
    I will probably buy tickets but won't hold my breath for the concert actually happening. I had tickets for their tour that never was back in 2000/2001 or whenever it was.
  • Options
    Couldn't really give a monkey's. Axl can't sing for shit these days. Even when they played before with Buckethead on guitar (who I actually would have payed to see) you could tell that his voice has just gone shit.

I'm still holding out that at some point in my life, the classic GnR line-up (Matt Sorum, NOT Steve Adler) will get back together and play a private gig for me and my mates. We live in hope I guess.