Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

After Smear Test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Finished me last period round the 19th May (Was heavy for 4-5 days but that's normal for me) Then had me Smear Test on 22nd May.
Then on the 23rd I got another period till this day and it's not even light, it is actually very heavy. Is this normal?

This has never happened to me so wanted to ask on here before I speak to the doctor.

Many Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I had my smear test I had some bleeding but not very heavily. I would perhaps leave it for a few days before asking the doctor. I have been told that my uterus may be tilted backwards a bit rather than forward as usual, which is apparantly quite common and nothing to worry about, but it means that sometimes (not very often and has only started happening recently) my period can stop but some might be left until it is disturbed a little. This could be the case with you, but I am no doctor so maybe worth asking on NHS direct website, or speaking to your doctor in a few days if it doesn't stop.