Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Email notifications

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know the things thesite automatically send you if someone replies to a thread you posted in?

Well why the hell do they sometimes send me out like 5 of the things for one thread when I haven't checked the first unread post?

Does this happen anyone else? T'is quite annoying getting bombarded with unneccessary notifications but I don't wanna turn them off because they're handy.

Comments

• Options
    The notification system makes no sense to me. Whilst I was on TheSite yesterday, I didn't receive a single notification e-mail. I've checked my settings. I'm meant to automatically receive them, and I almost never opt out of this for individual threads. Yet today, they're working fine. I don't know what's with them.
  • Options
    Yes, that happens me also.

I won't receive a notification then I'll stumble across a thread I had posted in which has lots of replies. Can be quite annoying at times if it was something you were waiting for a reply on.