Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pipex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do not ever choose pipex if you require decent customer support. Their database is currently down and won't be up again until next Tuesday... which coincides perfectly with me moving house.

The three operatives I've spoken to so far have all told me something entirely different, and in fact completely conflicting in some cases.

Maybe I've just had bad luck, but I certainly would no longer recommend this service to anybody.

(I'm fuming).

Comments

• Options
    I've been with Pipex for a couple of years and find them to be ultra reliable with customer service people who actually seem to know what they're on about.

I recommend them.
  • Options
    I was with them for several years for ADSL until prices started coming down everwhere else except them so moved to plusnet and paid £8 a month less for double the speed
  • Options
    I was with them for about 3 years before cancelling my contract with them, They were ok when I used them but I certainly woulden't consider using them again.

Agreed their customer support is abysmal, and in addition when you try to download using p2p they throttle your port at 20k/s downspeed (Unless you encrypt)

I'm with UKOnline now and paying about the same (Well technically I get it free now), but downloading at 700k/s :)

Oh, and when I ring tech support someone answers within 5 rings and it's usually a british sounding person.
  • Options
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

Thats not really hard. PlusNet have got to be the worse ISP in the UK. We've been with them for 9 months and had pure hell.