Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jealous of a friend!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have this horrid sick in the stomach feeling and it wont go away. I feel like a bitch about it, so rather than be mardy with my friend I thought I'd post on here.

Has anyone else ever been really jealous of a friend?

One of my best mates has just bought a really nice flat and is dating a really great guy, her life is just so perfect and I feel so jealous. Its awful, I'm happy for her, and glad she's doing so well but I'm gutted for myself because in the last few weeks things have gone crappy for me.

Basically I'm jealous,a horrible emotion and because I'm jealous I feel rotten! I'm a bitch and being very selfish. Have any of you felt jealous of your mates and at the same time felt happy that they are happy? If you get what I mean..

Comments

• Options
    in short, yes :p

it can be kind of annoying.
  • Options
    I'm not a jealous person by nature, probably mainly because my mates have shit lives that are nothing to be jealous of :p

But I do have one friend whose life is perfect, I'm jealous as hell of her but it's never been an issue because I always tell her about it (and how I hope it all goes down the tubes for her, but then I'm joking... kind of). I would say "concentrate on good things in your life" but if things are crappy of late then that probably won't work. Things probably just seem so good for her because they're not great for you and it's all magnified, soon it'll even out and you'll be glad you didn't use the voodoo dolls I'm going to send you because karma is one helluva bitch. So the obvious thing is to find her flaw and make it into a huge big deal to make yourself feel wonderful... is it possible she has webbed feet? ;) Hmm.

In seriousness, we all feel jealous and we all have the peaks and troughs in life. I'm sure she's had shit times when she's wished she was you... anyone else... that the ground would swallow her whole...or similar. You'll be back on top and jealousy-free soon, I'm sure of it :D
  • Options
    I feel jealous of anyone who has money at the moment since I'm struggling so much it hurts!

But yeah, I do sometimes. Some people I just automatically don't like cause they're too pretty or something. Of course, I just pretend I don't like them.

Anywho, yeah, it happens. And it sucks. But ya know, there's probably someone out there who's looking at your life and thinking, "Wow..."

:yippe:
  • Options
    I think alot of people would admit to having that type of friends, its easy to get jealous when things are shit. :impissed:
  • Options
    oh yeah, im jealous of loads of my mates but to be honest that just makes me work harder/do things differently/work our what i need to do to make myself happier and less jealous of them!
  • Options
    no ones life is ever 'perfect' but i am jealous of a friend who is spending 6 weeks with her bf this summer and i can only spend 1 with mine...
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    no ones life is ever 'perfect' but i am jealous of a friend who is spending 6 weeks with her bf this summer and i can only spend 1 with mine...

Stuff like that gets to me especially! When I was in a LDR it kinda got to me all the time, watching my friends being with their boyfriends all the time. But when I got to be with him we more than made up for it!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm jealous of most people... Friends and not.
  • Options
    I don't really get jealous of my mates, there's sometimes things I see them doing and I feel "Aww, be nice to be like that", but it doesn't really go as far as jealousy.

I get proper upset when I feel threatened by somebody or a situation and I feel like I could lose a bond I've made, but I wouldn't say jealousy comes into it at all really.
  • Options
    Yep, I'm jealous of my mate who is a good looking bloke and the 3 girlfriends he's had since I've known him have all been girls I've fancied and in one case I fell in love with one girl who went on to reject me which destroyed me, week later he's with her. Jealousy of the highest order from me.

He's also just bought a house, has a great job and a delightful 3 year old daughter.

Another mate of mine is in a long term relationship with a fabulous girl, she is great to get on with. He's really fallen on his bloody feet there as well.

It's normal to feel jealousy I think, least I hope so because I do!
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Stuff like that gets to me especially! When I was in a LDR it kinda got to me all the time, watching my friends being with their boyfriends all the time. But when I got to be with him we more than made up for it!
    I get a bit jealous for this too. But then I remember that 6 weeks with my bf is worth more than 6 years with someone else.
  • Options
    It depends on how you look at things.

My best friend earns more than me, has her own home with nice boyfriend and 2 kids. However, she's constantly tired and doesn't have the freedom or disposable income to do what she wants the way I do. I sometimes feel envious of her as she has a nice settled family life but I'm hoping that will be in the future for me. She's told me she's sometimes envious of me so it's swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    Well I left uni last summer, so we're now at that stage where everyone compares what everyone's up to. I feel happy for my friends who are doing well off their own backs. But I do resent the people who now have a well paid job with daddys friends company, or who can afford to do work experience for no pay, while their parents pay for their flat in the city. Mainly because I know it'll take me and my poorer friends about three times as long to get to that stage in our careers, what with having to pay for little luxuries, like food.