Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Constant Burping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I've had this problem for a few months. It seemed to start shortly after a chemistry experiement which seemed to make me feel really sick. I went to see a doctor a few weeks after, cause I still wasn't feeling good, and was given the "give it time" line. Anyways since then it seems as if I have developed a burping problem as well, which seems to be a case of a burp, then a inward burp replacing the air i've just burped out, creating a cycle.. It's really annoying and is starting to get depressing as my throat always seems a bit sore, and I dont like being in social situations.
Every time i've been to the doctor it's the same old same old, "wait it out", they did I blood test which was clear, and have perscribed me some peptac, which doesn't seem to be helping much. Last time I went they claimed I was stressed due to upcoming exams... erm i've had this feeling sick/burping since feburary!?

Its come to a stage now where i'm not sure if I feel sick, cause its overshadowed by my burping, and when I do feel sick, i'm not sure if its because of the constant burping etc.

It's depressing, and I just want to be normal like everyone else!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    man wrote:
    Hey,

I've had this problem for a few months. It seemed to start shortly after a chemistry experiement which seemed to make me feel really sick. I went to see a doctor a few weeks after, cause I still wasn't feeling good, and was given the "give it time" line. Anyways since then it seems as if I have developed a burping problem as well, which seems to be a case of a burp, then a inward burp replacing the air i've just burped out, creating a cycle.. It's really annoying and is starting to get depressing as my throat always seems a bit sore, and I dont like being in social situations.
    Every time i've been to the doctor it's the same old same old, "wait it out", they did I blood test which was clear, and have perscribed me some peptac, which doesn't seem to be helping much. Last time I went they claimed I was stressed due to upcoming exams... erm i've had this feeling sick/burping since feburary!?

Its come to a stage now where i'm not sure if I feel sick, cause its overshadowed by my burping, and when I do feel sick, i'm not sure if its because of the constant burping etc.

It's depressing, and I just want to be normal like everyone else!

Any ideas?

Thanks
    i started with this problem 3 years ago.i cannot stop burpingi had to have a endoscpoe to have a look around they foud nothing said it was down to a nervous stomach. i suffer from bad anxiety attacksthe burping lasts about 6 weeksand then just goes away.it came back over last christmas when i had a bad anxiety attack which lasted 4 weeks. it came back 2 weeks ago for no reason and i can not stop burping it gives me a sore throat and makes me feel sick just like when you have travel sickness.i have been told it is nerves i am sick of sucking throat sweets or indigestion remedies you are not alone any ideas bigted
  • Options
    Is it actually constant burping, can you get the gas out, or it more trouble getting it out?

Because a friend of mine had problems with gas and needing to burp but it not coming out. She actually found that about the only thing that worked was muscle relaxants to loosen the throat and allow the gas to escape.