Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Red around nostrils

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, a skincare question. I sometimes have a slightly reddish colour around my nostrils, its nothing major, its sort of like when you've got cold. I've got quite clear skin, so it somtimes stands out (maybe its me being paranoid) anyone else get it, and what can you do to reduce it. (btw i'm a bloke, so no makeup :thumb: )

Comments

• Options
    Hayfever?

Try some antihistamines (woah thats a hard word to spell, well you know what I mean anyway).

Sometimes my nose goes red in the cold. (stupid fact of the day :blush: )
  • Options
    If its reddish and a bit dry like when you've got a cold then a soothing moisturiser may help.

Sudocrem works well for me, it does say for nappy rash on the outside, but its good for lots of stuff.

Also if it doesn't work its cheap. Be warned though, its quite thick so when you first put it on, use a teeney amount.
  • Options
    Thx i'll try it
  • Options
    Hi all, a skincare question. I sometimes have a slightly reddish colour around my nostrils, its nothing major, its sort of like when you've got cold. I've got quite clear skin, so it somtimes stands out (maybe its me being paranoid) anyone else get it, and what can you do to reduce it. (btw i'm a bloke, so no makeup :thumb: )

Hmmmm ... well, if you had been a woman, I would have suggested that it may have been the result of your partner doing the 'angry dragon' routine on you ... :chin:
  • Options
    it might be as simple as hayfever