Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are u all britts and europeans?

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    quarfly wrote:
    I'm a not so proud Swede. :(

Sweden fucking rocks. Start being proud! What isn't cool about it? Saab are from there.

I am British, and proud of this. I am from Essex, and not proud of this though.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like to see myself as english and not european as I dont have a moustache or a fetish ;)
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I dont have a moustache or a fetish ;)

I'll give you 5 years and then you'll be signing a different tune!
  • Options
    i am english and proud :)

and also a proud yellow belly!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I'll give you 5 years and then you'll be signing a different tune!
    I'll never stop shaving and I'll never fancy goats :D
  • Options
    Mia_16 wrote:
    i am english and proud :)

and also a proud yellow belly!

rOFL.

I am English, and I am not afraid to have a fetish. I don't fancy goats or anything though :eek2:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm Greek -one of the only two (that I know of).

What was the OP talking about? That made as much sense as "If you see my sheep, tell them I'm looking for them so they'll come tell me where they are, so I can go find them."
  • Options
    I'm Greek -one of the only two (that I know of).

What was the OP talking about? That made as much sense as "If you see my sheep, tell them I'm looking for them so they'll come tell me where they are, so I can go find them."

:lol: Thats a grand sentence.

So whos the other Greek? Or should I say Grecian :razz:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    :lol: Thats a grand sentence.

So whos the other Greek? Or should I say Grecian :razz:
    Thanks! It's from a theatrical play I once watched, actually. :D

The other one is Kelly, she posts now and then. There's also two of my friends, Sugoruyo and Katsman, but they only stayed for a day or so each.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Sweden fucking rocks. Start being proud! What isn't cool about it? Saab are from there.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Sweden sucks from the inside. Every single flaw is sort of lighted up if you live here.

I'd give you a list, but it'd be too large.

The weather... is pathetic.
    The language? Despicable and foul!
    The people? Disregarding the ladies, everyone are rude and there are immigrants as far as the eye can see (very narrow-minded of me, I know :p).

And my second excuse for not giving you the entire list is that I have to have dinner now.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Sweden sucks from the inside. Every single flaw is sort of lighted up if you live here.

I'd give you a list, but it'd be too large.

The weather... is pathetic.
    The language? Despicable and foul!
    The people? Disregarding the ladies, everyone are rude and there are immigrants as far as the eye can see (very narrow-minded of me, I know :p).

And my second excuse for not giving you the entire list is that I have to have dinner now.
    :lol: Sounds rather like living here mate.

What you have to remember is... "The grass is always greener on the other side." - Stop finding flaws, and remember htere are far worse places to live, and that there is plenty of good from where you are!

Hell, it could be France! :nervous:
  • Options
    I'm Scottish. Not British. Not ever.
    I'm European, though. Though not so much as I would be if I was French.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I'm Scottish. Not British. Not ever.
    I'm European, though. Though not so much as I would be if I was French.
    You'd rather regard yourself as European than British?

Like it or not, you Scots are British.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    You'd rather regard yourself as European than British?

Like it or not, you Scots are British.

Yeah, I know I am. I've just never seen myself as British. Just haven't. I mean, I've got English and Irish blood in me, so I sure as hell am British.
    Just don't feel like it. British these days tends to mean English, anyway.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Just don't feel like it. British these days tends to mean English, anyway.

True, that. If a sportsman who is Scottish wins an event, he is "British". If he loses, he is "Scottish".
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    True, that. If a sportsman who is Scottish wins an event, he is "British". If he loses, he is "Scottish".

My point ~exactly~

Tis always the line of argument that I use! I :heart: you for at least realising the trueness of my statement.

Mr Coulthard is Scottish. As is Andy Murray. As is the entire Scottish rugby team.

I thank you, please.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    My point ~exactly~

Tis always the line of argument that I use! I :heart: you for at least realising the trueness of my statement.

Mr Coulthard is Scottish. As is Andy Murray. As is the entire Scottish rugby team.

I thank you, please.

No, Coultard is only Scottish when he loses. :p

He's a rubbish driver anyway.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    No, Coultard is only Scottish when he loses. :p

He's a rubbish driver anyway.

No, he's Scottish. And he should always be Scottish, is the point I was trying to make.

Back in the day... Oh back in the day... He was the man. Oh yes, he was the man.

And when I win the Eurovision Song Contest next year for the UK, I hope you all remember that I'm from SCOTLAND. Aye.
  • Options
    The Commonwealth Games split the UK up into its constituent countries, but the Olympics and most other tournaments don't. So Coulthard and Murray are British, unless they are competing specifically for Scotland in a competition that recognises Scotland as separate from Great Britain.

I wish the UK was more united, but it seems the Welsh and the Scots don't like associating with England. I can understand why because they are both much smaller countries and like to maintain an identity, but some of the bile directed at the English is nothing more than racism.
  • Options
    The lucky thing for Northern Irish people is that they can choose to be either British or Irish. I have an Irish passport, I write Irish for Nationality on forms or whatnot. It's some sort of legal loopehole or something.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    No, he's Scottish. And he should always be Scottish, is the point I was trying to make.

Back in the day... Oh back in the day... He was the man. Oh yes, he was the man.

And when I win the Eurovision Song Contest next year for the UK, I hope you all remember that I'm from SCOTLAND. Aye.

Coultard was at the top of his career at the same time as Hakkinen, so badl uck for him! As well, he has a Hotel to run too.

You should enter Eurovison with the Scottish flag. And sing in gaelic. Yes, do it.

I think the UK should enter Motorhead tbh though.
  • Options
    I class myself as English, British, European and Ashingtonian hehe.
  • Options
    My passport says I'm British. I'm Irish though and could have an Irish passport if I wanted, like Turlough
    IWishIWas wrote:
    I loved watching an interview with Andy Murray when he first became big. The guy was like "So what does it feel like to be England's next big tennis hope?" to which he replied "Well, I'm not English, I'm Scottish, so I dunno how you figured that one." :D
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You should enter Eurovison with the Scottish flag. And sing in gaelic. Yes, do it.

If Scotland entered Eurovision there is only one choice for the entrants. The Proclaimers.

Proclaimers in Eurovision = FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!

And there would certainly be a FATALITY!!!!! as I'd shoot myself if I had to hear yet another drunken Scot shout about walking 500 miles.....

"Da Da Da Dun Diddle Un Diddle Un Diddle Uh Da Da"

*gunshot*
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    If Scotland entered Eurovision there is only one choice for the entrants. The Proclaimers.

Proclaimers in Eurovision = FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!

And there would certainly be a FATALITY!!!!! as I'd shoot myself if I had to hear yet another drunken Scot shout about walking 500 miles.....

"Da Da Da Dun Diddle Un Diddle Un Diddle Uh Da Da"

*gunshot*
    nah ...the greatest scottish band has to be ...the sensational alex harvey band.
  • Options
    nah ...the greatest scottish band has to be ...the sensational alex harvey band.

'fraid the Teenage Fanclub take the greatest Scottish band title.

But I do love the Alex Harvey Band. Faith Healer = :cool: :cool: :cool:

And there is that awesome story about Errol Brown and Hot Chocolate wanting the band's dressing room and Alex offering to fight them for it, with knives :lol:
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    'fraid the Teenage Fanclub take the greatest Scottish band title.

But I do love the Alex Harvey Band. Faith Healer = :cool: :cool: :cool:

And there is that awesome story about Errol Brown and Hot Chocolate wanting the band's dressing room and Alex offering to fight them for it, with knives :lol:
    thats rock n roll! :D
  • Options
    and how the hell does someone your age know this band ...not exactly a world supergroup of the times were they.
    your parents are droputs too?
  • Options
    and how the hell does someone your age know this band ...not exactly a world supergroup of the times were they.
    your parents are droputs too?

A barn storming version of Boston Tea Party on 'Top of the Pops 2' one saturday afternoon :D

The parents have no idea tbh.......
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    A barn storming version of Boston Tea Party on 'Top of the Pops 2' one saturday afternoon :D

The parents have no idea tbh.......
    get to see him sing dililah.
    or some old grey whistle test moments.
    passionate stuff.