Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to look younger to get into an under 18s club night

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    haha thats funny im alwaysntryin to look older to get into over 18 clubs!!

Im 16 and if i was going out i would wear jeans, sum heals and an ordinary top - so i dont think ur steoreotypes are correct :chin: however they might fool all the people on the door - so yeah go for the stereotype as young as possible look! sheep bags are so horrible but itll work

good luck
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Yeah but why would they be trying to look old when it's a club night specifically for 12-17 year olds?
    Because that's the nature of teenage girls. They smoke to look older. They drink to look older. They dress to look older than they are, whether they're trying to get into clubs or not.

As for your dress. I'd say you're about there. Don't forget the little details though. A bag covered in those little badges you get in music shops. Wristbands. A t-shirt or hoody with 'alternative' bands on their like Panic at the Disco or My Chemical Romance (hoody might be better to disguise the fact that you have boobs). Converse with coloured laces, or failing that, Vans. I think all of this combined should be enough to convince them of your age. Remember, most people grow out of this at about 18 anyway.

By the way, don't forget to post pictures so we can all have a good laugh.
  • Options
    They drink to look older.
    When I was that I age I just drank to get wasted not to look older.
  • Options
  • Options
    Definatly go for the pink steaks, overly done make-up, and take shaun the sheep but put badges on him or some other typr od decoration to make him look alterative (wristband round the neck is a popular one!) but dont ruin him or your mate might not be happy! Go to claires and spend some money on their "goth/rocker" range of jewllery as its soo cheap, lots of those plastic wristband things are good.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    My friend is gonna lend me a Shaun the Sheep bag, do you think that will work?

:no:

when a close shave was released, the age range you're going for were barely at primary school. they'll all be like 'shaun the what now??'
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Maybe ;)

Yeah Helen I'm hoping to find some sleaze inside. Even if I don't, it'll make a nice article..there's a lot of goth kids that hang round town and the old people seem to be scared of them.

Sounds really interesting - might have to pick your brains about it at a later date ;)
  • Options
    Seeohbahn wrote:
    Some photos from Generation

and to be honest you probably don't have much to worry about in terms of them letting you in, it tended to be guys that they'd turn away if they thought they were too old...i've never heard of a girl getting turned away before

http://www.wolvescivic.co.uk/uploads/jan2006/DSCF0231.JPG

matching tops, how quaint
  • Options
    I'm 25 and still get ID'd, I'll go undercover for you :cool:
  • Options
    http://www.wolvescivic.co.uk/uploads/jan2006/DSCF0234.JPG
    Beware the pubescent boys with their flies undone...
    ...and also some dodgy ass facial hair...
  • Options
    Seeohbahn wrote:
    Some photos from Generation

and to be honest you probably don't have much to worry about in terms of them letting you in, it tended to be guys that they'd turn away if they thought they were too old...i've never heard of a girl getting turned away before

Are you not allowed to wear anything other than black to go there?... or shower?
  • Options
    http://www.wolvescivic.co.uk/uploads/jan2006/DSCF0234.JPG
    Beware the pubescent boys with their flies undone...
    ...and also some dodgy ass facial hair...

more spots than a pepperoni pizza factory
  • Options
    Why are all band t-shirts black? I like bands. I'd wear a t-shirt with my favourite band on if they weren't all black. Actually, luckily Radiohead do a few different coloured ones.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    For reasons I can't really go into, I'm going to a rock club night for 12-17 year olds. It says ID may be required.

How do I dress to look ... b) young?

Walk in with a baby ... and say that you are eleven. :D
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

when a close shave was released, the age range you're going for were barely at primary school. they'll all be like 'shaun the what now??'
    i remember shaun the sheep...loved wallace and gromit. Still watch them now!
  • Options
    could you use a red lipliner to give yourself a few spots?
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

i saw a 12 year old boy in a thundercats baggy tshirt, he probably didnt even wtch it considering i watched it when i was like 7
  • Options
    i saw a 12 year old boy in a thundercats baggy tshirt, he probably didnt even wtch it considering i watched it when i was like 7

no, but you can still buy thundercats tees pretty much everywhere. it doesn't matter if you saw it or not the first time round, it's a cult thing now. it's not the same.

i haven't seen a shaun the sheep bag for sale for a while. it was a definite 'thing', and there was a time when everyone had them. i just think, when i see them, it reminds me of being in the 6th form, so if i saw someone with them, i would assume (rightly or wrongly) they were about my age.