Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Microgynon30

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there!

I've been on the pill Microgynon30 for about 7 to 8 years and I finished my last packet on the 1st May Monday ready for my period to come as normal on the 5th May Friday n finished period on either the Sunday or Monday.

I have come off the pill to start a family of my own - ever since coming off my husband n I have been pretty much at it almost everyday since of coming off the pill part from one or two days. I am desperate for a baby and really can't wait to become a mum. I do realize you can get pregnant soon after the pill and it can also take a long time, it's different with everyone.

I think it was Saturday I started with pains on both sides of my stomach and then ever since the pains have gone across the bottom of my stomach mainly on the right hand side but the pains vary around my stomach. Also been feeling tired and sick on n off - have fallen asleep in the afternoons for an hour or so the last 4 days, also went to the toilet more often but not too bad today and keep burping alot too. Today woke up with sore nipples and are sore if they are touched.

I'm not sure what's wrong - it could either be the effects from coming off the pill, pregnancy or a bug that's just going around.

I am off to see the Doc on Monday to have it checked out n also find out about folic acid to be on the safe side.

I don't know what side affects you get when coming off the pill or if your pregnant as everyone is different.

I'm not due for a period until beginning of June so I don't think I will be able to find out any sooner if it is pregnancy until then.

Can anyone help!

Comments

• Options
    So you've only been off the pill for a fortnight or so?

There's always NHS Direct on 0845 4647.

But you're wise to see your GP. Tomorrow is better than Monday though if the pains are intolerable.
  • Options
    Hi

Did you ever find out what the pains were as i have similiar symptons from just starting to take this pill??
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Caz,
    Sammo hasn't posted since June, so she might not be around to reply. Also she is talking about having those symptoms after withdrawing from the pill, rather than starting to take it, so it's unlikely your situations are quite the same. There are often symptoms related to the contraceptive pill which can be completely normal, but sometimes they are just too much and you might be better off with a different brand.- have a read, or a listen to our fact file on it. If you feel that the symptoms get worse, or seem more severe than it suggests on the packet, then it's a good idea to go back to the gp, or clinic where they were prescribed. I hope this helps.
    Take care ;)