Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Changing course at uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi, I'd like some advice about what to do about changing my course. The course I'm currently doing is really not for me and I've been unhappy about it for a while. How easy is it to change course? I've found another course I would like to do at the same uni, and I have the right entry requirements so I'd like to change to that course, but I'm not sure how to go about it..
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You would need to speak to the admissions office or admissions tutor for that course at that university.
  • Options
    I was in a similar situation when i first started uni, i wasnt happy so i went to see my personal tutor (presuming you have someone like this) and for me it was as simple as filling in an internal transfer form and starting on the new course the following september.

Obviously it will probably vary between uni's but my point is it doesnt have to be a difficult process at all and if your not happy with your current course, beleive me it will be worth any trouble you may have.Changing courses was the best move i ever made! :yippe:
  • Options
    Yeah, my friend is changing course for next year... the Uni have been really helpful about it... just go talk to your tutor or something asap :)
  • Options
    I'm not sure who my personal tutor is (that's if I have one) so I've just emailed the admissions tutor for the other course.

I've been thinking about this for a while but was put off by top up fees because I'd have to pay them, but I guess there's no point doing a course I don't like for the next 2 years just because it's cheaper!