Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Morallity question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a number of photos of one of the new Big Brother contestants in her bikini, nothing distasteful though.

I've been in contact with one of the tabloids with the idea of selling them. I haven't sold them yet.

Am I a bar stud for doing this?

Comments

• Options
    everyone else does, make money while you can, if you get them in now, you might have the chance of getting more money

even though i dont think its too immoral

go go go go go go go do it
  • Options
    show them to me and i will make a decision for you.

just email them over.

thanks
  • Options
    nothing distasteful though.
    You won't make any money then.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    everyone else does, make money while you can, if you get them in now, you might have the chance of getting more money

even though i dont think its too immoral

go go go go go go go do it

ditto
  • Options
    yeah its not as if theyre naked, in which case id say dont do it, but bikini would be ok.
  • Options
    you might make more money if you wait till a few weeks into it.

besides, it's not like they signed away their privicy or anything by entering the house...
  • Options
    just like celebrities who get hounded day in and day out signed away their privacy

people going into that house know what big brother is about, and know what the potential is like to be famous and well known
  • Options
    I have a number of photos of one of the new Big Brother contestants in her bikini, nothing distasteful though.

I've been in contact with one of the tabloids with the idea of selling them. I haven't sold them yet.

Is it Imogen?
  • Options
    As long as they aren't too stuck together you should be fine.

Of course I'd get them in quick, just in case she waps her baps out and reduces the value of your piccies.
  • Options
    Ask your self how you would feel if you was her. But then again when you're in the business your private business becomes public.

It's a hard choice. There is money to be made but you could hurt someone in the process.
  • Options
    I'd never do that, but I suppose it depends how much you need/want the spondoolies.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Is it Imogen?

Yes.
  • Options
    Yes.

Thought so.
  • Options
    Don't do it unless it's in the public interest.

And remember: what is in the public interest and what interests the public are two entirely different things.

Kiss-and-tellers, ex-partners, so-called friends and other such people who sell pictures or tell stories of celebrities to the tabloids for no other reason than profiteering are just as much of a subhuman worthless scumbag as the tabloids themselves.

Unless this person was, say, a morality campaigner who spoke against wearing bikinis, there is absolutely no public interest reason whatsoever in selling the pictures. I'd rather have a clean conscience than a few hundred dirty Pounds.
  • Options
    Much as I hate to agree with Aladdin :D

It does show a lack of integrity and if all that's worth is a few quid it seems you have a great future as a tabloid snout, but don't come crying to us when you find that everyone you know hates you.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Kiss-and-tellers, ex-partners, so-called friends and other such people who sell pictures or tell stories of celebrities to the tabloids for no other reason than profiteering are just as much of a subhuman worthless scumbag as the tabloids themselves.

I think that's very harsh. One newspaper in particular wants to do an interview with me about Imogen (and pay me for it). I have nothing but positive things to say about her althought I do know of some skeletons in her closet which I won't reveal for any amount of money. If I go ahead with that interview then I shall be 100% complimentary about her - if I wanted to be a right scumbag I could dig up some real dirt but I refuse to do that.
  • Options
    Well sure, there are many different kind of things one could say, tell or give to the press. My vitriol wasn't intended for someone who simply said 'yeah knew them at school, they seemed good people' but at those who dish out dirt or tell intimate & private aspects of the subject's life.

I would still no speak with the tabloid press even to say nice things about someone (unless they were my friend and I was actively defencing their integrity in the face of media scrutiny), but that's a personal choice.

If you are only intending to say nice, non-intrusive or too personal things about somebody then please don't be offended by my earlier comments as they weren't really intended at you.

Though I disagree with selling photographs, especially of bikini clad people. Because even if the image in itself is not revealing or sensual to you and me, believe me, those dirty peado scumbags will manage to make it look so by whichever means they can.
  • Options
    Tabloid journalists will easily twist your words, you might think you're being 100% complimentary but they can be selective and 'accidentally' misinterpret that off-the-cuff remark...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Though I disagree with selling photographs, especially of bikini clad people. Because even if the image in itself is not revealing or sensual to you and me, believe me, those dirty peado scumbags will manage to make it look so by whichever means they can.

If I decide to go ahead with the sale, I'll post a link here from the paper in question. Imogen has seen the pictures, some she likes, others she doesn't. The shots are so amateur it's hard to imagine how anyone could sex them up.
  • Options
    Tabloid journalists will easily twist your words, you might think you're being 100% complimentary but they can be selective and 'accidentally' misinterpret that off-the-cuff remark...

In which case I'll press for an immediate apology and/or retraction or I'll sue the b'stads :D
  • Options
    I would advise you to bring your own tape recorder for the interview, at any rate.
  • Options
    In which case I'll press for an immediate apology and/or retraction or I'll sue the b'stads :D

It's too late then because the damage is already done.

What you need to ask yourself is if you are happy to have your own personal life looked into in great detail by most of the general public. If not then don't do it to someone else.

Personally, haven't dealth with media pukes for most of my career all I can say is stay away. They aren't interested in right and wrong, in morality or even presented a fair icture. They are looking for whatever angle sells papers. Whilst at the start that might be positive stories about her, by week 2 they could be looking to hang her out to dry and your pictures could be part of that.
  • Options
    What you need to ask yourself is if you are happy to have your own personal life looked into in great detail by most of the general public. If not then don't do it to someone else.

They'll be lucky to get anything out of my life.
    Personally, haven't dealth with media pukes for most of my career all I can say is stay away. They aren't interested in right and wrong, in morality or even presented a fair icture. They are looking for whatever angle sells papers. Whilst at the start that might be positive stories about her, by week 2 they could be looking to hang her out to dry and your pictures could be part of that.

I disagree - if she was a bitchy type whose character is likely to be assasinated by the press (a la Makosi last year) then you may have a point but I can't see that happening with Imogen - she's such a nice person.
  • Options
    They'll be lucky to get anything out of my life.

Whether true of not doesn't matter, even the smallest thing can be expanded on.
    I disagree - if she was a bitchy type whose character is likely to be assasinated by the press (a la Makosi last year) then you may have a point but I can't see that happening with Imogen - she's such a nice person.

How do you know that Makosi, or any of the others, is a bitch?

What you get is an edited version of what is happening at any one time - then the tabloids blow it out of proportion and you get a national hate figure.

You only have to look at the Beckham life history to see that.

What you ultimtaley have to face is how much is your friendship, with anyone, worth? What figure do you put on it, because you are selling that friendship to the highest bidder...
  • Options

No
  • Options
    How do you know that Makosi, or any of the others, is a bitch?

The reason I had these pictures of Imogen in the first place is because I used to work at a radio station and we had her in on the show I was part of.

Back in November we had Makosi on the show. I won't go in to specifics but BB's editing wasn't contrived.
    What you ultimtaley have to face is how much is your friendship, with anyone, worth? What figure do you put on it, because you are selling that friendship to the highest bidder...

What's the difference between me doing this and going on the radio and telling everyone how much of a fun-loving girl she is?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    They haven't gone to the highest bidder. I'm not saying how much I was offered but it's not the highest. I've insisted she be painted in a positive light and I decided I'd go with the publication which gave me that assurance.

So yes, the deal has now been done. The pictures will be in The Sun tomorrow.

And I feel like a total shizznit.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Booty, I would listen to MoK on this one (did I say that??).

Having dealt with the press myself I can attest to the fact that once you open Pandora's Box and let these vultures quote you, it is a very short hop to the littany of misquotes made by their editors with whom you never spoke, but who think "it sounds more sellable if we put this spin on it". English is deceptively maleable in that way and be assured they have sufficient financial resources and teams of lawyers to justify whatever semantics they finally print.

You would be doing your friend more harm than good by naively venturing into the lion's den of mass media with anything you might have to say or show about her.

[edited to say: Oops too late obviously. Im sorry to see that you chose to sacrifice her on the Altar of Murdoch. If i were you i would prepare myself for the life lesson you are about to receive. My sympathies.]